Charger Forums banner

2014 Dodge Charger

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  13Daytona1625 
#1 ·
I have a 2014 Dodge Charger with less than 30,000 miles and the door panels are lifting at the windows. I keep my car in excellent condition and maintained very well. I immediately took my car to the dealership with my concern. They quoted me $2,000 to fix the problem. I reached out to Chrysler to help get the problem fixed...what a joke! First of all you can never speak to the same person twice...not even your “assigned case manager” whom I never spoke with one time even though I left messages for Soluise to call me for a SOLID week. I was then told they were going to pay for the repairs out of good faith. Turns out you can’t even get the door panels and they asked would I accept aftermarket products. I agreed to this because I just wanted my vehicle fixed; nothing more and I was not trying to be difficult. Then, Chrysler calls back and says that because the products are aftermarket they were not going to pay for it. As it turns out you can’t even get the parts anywhere. I found this forum online and that there were many instances of the same problem so I called Chrysler back. I speak with Peter who informs me that “most people on the forum are self diagnosing their problems like a doctor would a patient and they were not being diagnosed by a professional”. My car was professionally diagnosed and I don’t know how professional you have to be to look at the door panels and see they are rolling away from the door. Way to go Chrysler...thanks for backing up your product and keeping your customers happy. This was not the first Charger I have bought, but I can assure you I don’t see any more Dodges in my future!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Search the forums. There’s like 4 topics on that. Quick google search should have brought you to them.

#3 ·
Gorilla Glue or Staples, neither is hard to do. I've done both, and staples are by far the easier/fastest way. If you are not sure of your own handiwork, any auto upholstery shop can fix the panels easily, and cheaply if you take the panels off yourself.

BTW, it is not just Dodge that has this issue, I have stapled the door panels on lots of Fords SUVs, a BMW, and a couple Nissans (I have a large air compressor and a pneumatic stapler).

#6 ·
My front end has been clunking after changing everything out. My gfs dad is a mechanic. He suggest turning up the radio....

Reactions: POWERMAN
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.