Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and am seeking some help with a 2014 Dodge Charger SE.

On Wednesday of last week, I drove it all day without issue. When I went to start the car on Thursday, I couldn't get the car to start. The car itself turns on, (radio, cluster, lights, etc.) but when I press the brake pedal and push the ignition, nothing happens.

I have checked the battery, fuses and relays, all are okay. When I "hot-wire" the starter relay, and have someone press the brake pedal and ignition button, the car starts right up... I can drive it fine without problem, until I turn it off and want to start the car again. I replaced the ignition button yesterday, however that didn't make a difference.

I've searched youtube, google, etc., and see where a lot of people have had a similar issue, however can't seem to find a solution.

Any help would be appreciated!

Jay

·
Premium Member
2,135 Posts
Have either of you tried holding the end of the remote against the start button, and pushing it? I understand that is an override feature in the event that the keyless system has an issue, or the remote battery has died. So far, I have found that these remotes eat batteries more than I thought they would.

Don

1 - 3 of 3 Posts