· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive lighting Automotive design Amber Automotive exterior Rectangle

Tire Wheel Automotive lighting Car Automotive design

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Car Hood Vehicle

Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Amber

Hello,
I have seen several similar posts to what I am about to say. On my 2014 charger the center led tail light has begun to go out on the bottom strip. There are several led lights that have went out on both the right and left sides. There is also a section now on the left side that is much dimmer. I notice when it rains water gets into the corner of the lights and only drains out if I open the trunk. I believe the water has ruined these leds.

I plan to purchase either a new light or buy one off of eBay that is used for much cheaper. The problem is that I don’t want this to happen again. Does anyone know how to seal the light from behind or know where the water is most likely getting in at? I don’t want to waste money and have the replacement go bad in a year. I basically want to water proof the replacement I get before installing it.

I have seen repair videos online for the lights, but they seem pretty difficult. I am open to suggestions. Thanks!!

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you come up with a fix for this? I am about to tackle the same problem.
I have not figured out anyway to fix it. There are a few YouTube videos people have done of them replacing led light strips but it seems super complicated. I might just buy some water sealant type caulk and put it in any area that I suspect will let water in on the new light.

· Registered
2021 Hellion 422 Twin Turbo
1,550 Posts
Clear silicone to seal them instead caulk

· Registered
2021 Hellion 422 Twin Turbo
1,550 Posts
Give em a bath in it lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.