Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a magna flow exhaust put on my car, actually just the mufflers and the resonators delete, but now when the eco, fuel managment, comes on..i have a terrible drone...so i went back and had resonators put back on but still have the drone when it kicks in..sounds great until the 4 cyclinder mode...so does anyone know how to fix it or anyone have any stock mufflers they need to get rid of...thanks

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I recently had a magna flow exhaust put on my car, actually just the mufflers and the resonators delete, but now when the eco, fuel managment, comes on..i have a terrible drone...so i went back and had resonators put back on but still have the drone when it kicks in..sounds great until the 4 cyclinder mode...so does anyone know how to fix it or anyone have any stock mufflers they need to get rid of...thanks
Well, you can either get a tuner and turn off the MDS or put the resonators back on. You don't need new mufflers.

Mufflers modify sound, resonators control drone. Drone is harmonic resonance. Deleting the resonators means no drone control.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you're wanting to keep your MDS intact, you could go another exhaust route. Corsa seems the fan favorite for anti-drone. If you don't mind disabling MDS, a tuner could be a "two birds-ones tone" scenario.

·
Registered
356 Posts
What some people have done is add glass packs after the mufflers. Kinda acts as a resonator and its cheep. You can get a set for as little as $40-$50.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does All wheel drive symbolizes the ability to change it to rwd at times like 4wd . Does dodge gives 4wd ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts