Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 14’ r/t lately and wanna get some newer parts for my car. Cold air intake is a major one I’m looking for and also a cat back exhaust system as of right now. If someone knows where to get these for a good price please let me know! Also, some nice 18-19’ rims and tires would be a nice little start to my now project car.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Try Google.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
An aftermarket exhaust & air filter intake is going to give you a more aggressive sound. Performance will be minimal if any.
But knowing this I run Corsa cat backs on two vehicles and K&N drop in filters.

If you want felt gains for starters get it tuned. If you ask me I say have it tuned on a dyno. A dyno operator/tuner will have you install a 180°F t-stat and tune for 93 octane.
Throttle a good tuner will optimize your air fuel and spark timing, throttle response and shifting. If he only gets you 10HP & 10lbs TQ it will run and feel like 25.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I would go 20" wheels. Sooner or later 18" & 19" tire choices are going to thin out. I have 17's on my silverado and cannot find speed rated tires in the stock size anymore.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
If you don't have any dyno tuners in your area you can get a email custom tune. Same tune (180°F thermostat and 91 or 93 octane) but you collect data logs using the tuning device (e.g. DiabloSport) while driving the car. You send the data logs to the tuner (e.g. HemiFever Tuning). They analyze the logs and send you back a custom tune to load onto the Diablo. After you load the tune to the car you collect some more logs and send them to the tuner. They analyze the logs and send you back a updated tune. This reiterative process continues until the tune is dialed-in.

https://www.hemifevertuning.com/Default.asp

https://www.diablosport.com/

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I 2nd that. You gotta scan logs, analyze and calibrate.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I had my R/T dyno tuned at Injected Engineering and he nailed it pretty good. I made WOT logs in the peak of the summer heat and humidity she was only pulling 1° to 2° in a few cells and we addressed it. I liked seeing that, its telling me we are getting it all. If I see nothing pulled I'm gonna bump the advance until it does and back off.

I have hours of logs on my Supercharged Silverado though. FI is another story.

Reactions: Nickborga123

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
I would highly recommend the look/sound of the Corsa cat back. Had one on both my 11 and my current 14. Graphics are always a nice customizing touch. Gotten mine at Rider Graphix

You may wan to consider installing an SRT rear limited slip differential and axles. I did recently on my 14 and love it. I went with the slightly steeper 3.08 ration vs. factory open 2.65. You will need a tuner to adjust the speedo calibration for that as well.

I think the Mopar front lip is a great add (and not horribly expensive).

These Morimoto LED fog lights are niceLED fog lights

There are few interior trim things you can do.

I also installed 15-up factory scat-pack wheels custom powder coated bronze.

Reactions: Nickborga123

·
Registered
177 Posts
Nitrous!!!

Sorry anyway, I would (personally) not waste my money on a catback when you can buy some mufflers (or not) and have them put in by a shop. You are talking $1000 vs maybe 200. Went the catback route on my challenger and it ended up getting pulled off and sold. When I recently bought my 06’ Daytona I just opted to have a shop cut the mufflers and resonators out. Cost $90. Eventually it’s going to get a much shorter exhaust system with longtubes so I, again, saw no point in putting a $1000 system on a car that would eventually see it removed.

Legmaker makes some good, actual cold air intakes that sound amazing.

What are your goals though? Performance for competition? Just a more fun daily? Sound only?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Love my Corsa. I too have the Morimoto LED fog lights and like them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nitrous!!!

Sorry anyway, I would (personally) not waste my money on a catback when you can buy some mufflers (or not) and have them put in by a shop. You are talking $1000 vs maybe 200. Went the catback route on my challenger and it ended up getting pulled off and sold. When I recently bought my 06’ Daytona I just opted to have a shop cut the mufflers and resonators out. Cost $90. Eventually it’s going to get a much shorter exhaust system with longtubes so I, again, saw no point in putting a $1000 system on a car that would eventually see it removed.

Legmaker makes some good, actual cold air intakes that sound amazing.

What are your goals though? Performance for competition? Just a more fun daily? Sound only?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i want that competition feel but be able to drive it around. Sound is my main thing right now because it’s so quiet for it being a hemi until I step of it sadly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts