Charger Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Vehicle specs:
2014 Dodge Charger
Base model (I did not get the 6 speaker alpine upgrade)

Goal:
Improve over all sound (Clarity/Bass/Volume)

Equipment I have as of now:
Boss Audio R1100M Mosfet Monoblock Power Amplifier (To power the subs)
Pioneer Class FD 4-Channel Bridgeable Amplifier (To power the 4 speakers) 2 Front door speakers, and 2 rear deck speakers)
(4) Kicker DS693 6"x9" 3-Way Speakers

Installation method:
I'm fairly new to installing a 4 channel amp with a mono amp for the subs. This is how i figure it goes....

4 gauge wire from the battery to a distributor block with inline fuse holder 6 inches away from the battery. Then 2 8 gauge wires connected to the distributor block. One of the 8 gauge wires power the mono amp, the other powers the 4 channel amp. Both amps have high level input so ill tap into the rear speakers to get the signal without using RCA cables. Then hook up both of the remote blue wire to an add a fuse that has power when accessory is turned on. I'm doing it all this way because i want to keep the stock stereo and don't want to pull it out. I rather keep EVERYTHING in the trunk if possible.

Questions:
  1. Do you think the equipment will make a great set up? If not, what would you change about it?
  2. Do you think the my Installation method is the best? If not, how would you install/set up this equipment in my charger?
  3. How exactly do i connect the 4 channel amp to the speakers. Do i just unplug the positive and negative wire from the speaker and let them dangle out of the way when i run the positive and negative wire from the amp to it. Or do i simply connect both the original positive and negative wires and the ones from the amp that's going to be powering them?
  4. Should i use the high level inputs? Or get two line out converters?
  5. Is there a way to make the amps work together? if so how can this be done?

All feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Did you end up doing this set up? I used 2 line out converters behind the main radio, ran new wires from amp up the the factory wires, cut and soldered everything behind the head unit and i got no audio signal when I hooked it all up. Seeing if you had any luck?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts