Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had this code C1464 and the service awd light come on recently on my 2014 5.7 awd charger. Its cold here, 16f, etc, all the time, so awd is on alot. I cant find alot on this code in particular for my specific model, but it goes away after restarting the car, but will come back few min later. Clear it and it also comes back. I believe it said front axle disconnect control circuit low. It did not say open so it seems it might not be as simple as a cut wire. Also get the code C147B, front axle disconnect sensor circuit performance. Anyone have an idea of where to start diagnosing, e.g fuses and relays.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Obsolete:
Possibly you have a failing front axle disconnect. Can you verify if the AWD is engaging? How many miles on the car?

Don

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Obsolete:
Possibly you have a failing front axle disconnect. Can you verify if the AWD is engaging? How many miles on the car?

Don
Its around 85k mi, it will certainly engage awd when first started as i can floor it with traction off and get little to no wheel spin, vs after it turns it off and says service awd i floor it and spin the rears.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also should note, when the awd service light comes on seems random. Sometimes the first few minutes i start it, it comes on, and other times i can do 20 minutes of highway driving and it does not.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually now I also get the code C147B with the other code C1464, C147B says front axle disconnect sensor circuit performance.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
I would inspect the disconnect along with it's associated harness. One fellow also found that the actuator fork was worn, and had to be replaced.

Don

1 - 6 of 6 Posts