Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Charger Rt 5 Speed auto with an open 3.06 differential. I was wondering what is the easiest/cheapest way to go to get a limited slip diff? Im willing to change the driveshaft and axels if needed. Does the SRT8 for the same year come with a LSD? And can it be easily swapped onto my RT? Thanks

· Premium Member
202 Posts
I swapped my open 2.65 diff with the SRT8 Getrag LSD on my 2014 RT. It was a direct bolt in with the stock driveshaft and axles. You will need a tuner to recalibrate the speedometer. I got mine from Cleveland Power & Performance. They shipped it and packaged it well in a crate.

· Registered
2012 SRT Charger, 2003 Ram hemi, 2005 Magnum
3,249 Posts
I have a 2014 Charger Rt 5 Speed auto with an open 3.06 differential. I was wondering what is the easiest/cheapest way to go to get a limited slip diff? Im willing to change the driveshaft and axels if needed. Does the SRT8 for the same year come with a LSD? And can it be easily swapped onto my RT? Thanks
Yes and yes. Unfortunately they have gone up in price in recent years.

· Registered
14 Posts
This post reminded me that I had at one point come across information about the differentials.
Could someone just give me a brief and a general understanding of what the premise and potential benefits of making this type of change can provide? a

· Registered
2012 SRT Charger, 2003 Ram hemi, 2005 Magnum
3,249 Posts
This post reminded me that I had at one point come across information about the differentials.
Could someone just give me a brief and a general understanding of what the premise and potential benefits of making this type of change can provide? a
Open rears don't have mechanical limited slip. The way LX/LD's get around that is by way of a "brake lock differential", the traction control uses the rear calipers to limited wheel slip. Actual mechanical limited slip (what the SRT's come with) ensure both wheels get driven mechanically.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts