Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 RT AWD. Has 101k on it. I haven’t touched anything on the suspension since I bought it brand new. It needs a few bearings and ball joints. But I’m going to replace the entire suspension shocks, struts, control arms, links , literally everything. I’m looking for ride comfort.

I want some recommendations as to what type of struts and shocks I should use.

Also what websites would you guys recommend buying from?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I have a 2014 RT AWD. Has 101k on it. I haven’t touched anything on the suspension since I bought it brand new. It needs a few bearings and ball joints. But I’m going to replace the entire suspension shocks, struts, control arms, links , literally everything. I’m looking for ride comfort.

I want some recommendations as to what type of struts and shocks I should use.

Also what websites would you guys recommend buying from?

Thanks in advance
I would look for either Bilstein B6s or Koni STR-Ts, depending upon which company (if any) makes front and rear struts for the 2014 AWD cars. You could start with Tire Rack or Discount Tire Direct.

For everything else, I would go with Rock Auto. Don't forget to use Google for a 5% off coupon code.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Unfortunately you're not going to find options for Bilstein struts or the similar for the front end of the awd cars. Your best option there is probably going to be or Mopar/Sachs. For the love of God, don't buy quick struts.

You'll find the usually suspects for control arms and bushings. Just like with anything aftermarket anymore, it's a crapshoot as far as quality. I used mevotech control arms on my car a couple years ago because they were the only ones that had greasable ball joints at the time.

Pretty much for comfort, stay as close to original equipment as possible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked up those Komi STR-T’s and I’m pretty sure they do not fit AWD vehicles. Bilstein is impossible to find right now. Also the front of this car has struts and the rear has shocks. I just ordered everything else in MOOG.
Still need help with shocks+struts if anyone can assist I’d appreciate it

thanks

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
I looked up those Komi STR-T’s and I’m pretty sure they do not fit AWD vehicles.
I'm not surprised. That's why I said, "depending upon which company (if any) makes front and rear struts for the 2014 AWD cars."

Bilstein is impossible to find right now.
Bilstein is impossible to find much of the time. The way most of us get them is as part of the Mopar Suspension Upgrade Kit, but I didn't, and still am not suggesting that for you, because I don't know if they offer a version for AWD LD cars.

Also the front of this car has struts and the rear has shocks.
Just like every other LX/LD Charger, 300, and Magnum. It's pretty common for the rears to be referred to as "struts", but I think most folks will understand what you mean either way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
... our best option there is probably going to be or Mopar/Sachs....

Pretty much for comfort, stay as close to original equipment as possible.
I'm an engineer specializing in dampers (shocks), the quote above is the best solution for you, stick with OE from Chrysler. You will not regret it. Sachs is a premier product.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts