Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 charger se. I would to get your guys opinion on whether or not i should supercharge it or it would be worth it?

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
I have a 2014 charger se. I would to get your guys opinion on whether or not i should supercharge it or it would be worth it?
I don't know, IMO if you have the money for a supercharger I would think you have the money for an R/T or older generation SRT. Unless you get a crazy deal on one, superchargers are very expensive. Your V6 is great, plenty of power and good economy, if that's what you bought it for then you should keep it like that, maybe do simpler stuff like intakes and/or exhaust. If you already want more power but still on a budget the R/T would be the better choice as it upgrades several components to handle the extra speed the V8 gives you, namely suspension, brakes, gears, stuff you might still be behind on if you supercharge the V6. I think if you even have to ask that question you already know the answer, there are just so many more things out there for the V8. You have a sweet car anyways, good luck!

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
It would cost you $5,000 to $6,000 dollars, and since the engine doesn't have forged pistons you'd probably grenade it in a short time. The best thing you can do for the V6 is buy a good cat back exhaust, cold air intake, and Diablo tuner. Anything more than that would just be wasting money. If you have the need for speed save up for a hemi...

·
Registered
1 Posts
i think what these guys are saying is right on. i also recently got a 2014 SE and was thinking about supercharging it. but it would be a pain in the ass, like they said, no forged pistons, etc. i wanted a V8, but it wasnt an option for me. but i'm happy w/my v6. this post/thread has helped me make up my mind that i'm NOT going to SC my car and jus go w/CAI, cat-back, and diablo tuner (not hypertech). thanx.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Cylinders don't need to be forged to be supercharged. However it seems like a better option to buy a different car

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Cylinders don't need to be forged to be supercharged. However it seems like a better option to buy a different car
Forged cylinders?

Hmmm....where do you get those?

>:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts