Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I’ve searched the forums and can’t find an answer, so I wanted to reach out for help. I have a 2014 Charger RT, AWD with 5.7L hemi. I’m noticing that at slower speeds I’m hearing and feeling a grinding/rough noise, mostly noticeable when turning left for some reason. The effort to turn the wheel increases, but it’s choppy. It’s almost like the power steering stops and starts intermittently through the entire time I’m turning the wheel. I can feel a rough or almost grinding sensation through the car. It’s very difficult to explain. Anyone else have this issue or thoughts as to the cause/solution?

Thanks,
Ray

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Hello all,

I’ve searched the forums and can’t find an answer, so I wanted to reach out for help. I have a 2014 Charger RT, AWD with 5.7L hemi. I’m noticing that at slower speeds I’m hearing and feeling a grinding/rough noise, mostly noticeable when turning left for some reason. The effort to turn the wheel increases, but it’s choppy. It’s almost like the power steering stops and starts intermittently through the entire time I’m turning the wheel. I can feel a rough or almost grinding sensation through the car. It’s very difficult to explain. Anyone else have this issue or thoughts as to the cause/solution?

Thanks,
Ray
Hi Ray, I do apologize for the trouble you are experiencing with your Charger. If you are not able to remedy this concern with the advice provided here, I kindly recommend connecting with your local Dodge dealer. If you are in need of any assistance with that process, our team is available via private message.
Rob
DodgeCares

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmmm. That’s interesting. I’ll have to inspect them. Would that really change the effort to steer intermittently though?

thanks,
Ray

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
Hmmmm. That’s interesting. I’ll have to inspect them. Would that really change the effort to steer intermittently though?

thanks,
Ray
yes..if it were a steering rack problem I would think it would occur no matter which way you turned..the grinding sound is what indicates a wheel bearing-lot more stress on it when turning than when going straight.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
If it ain't the wheel bearing it could be the cv axle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts