Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my 2014 Charger's oil cooler seems to be leaking, will know more tomorrow after they remove the intake manifold.

Seems like this is starting to be a big deal, hopefully won't get to the same stage as the cylinder head issue.

cheers

·
Registered
5,852 Posts
Was it the oil cooler leaking, or just the case of someone not changing the rubber O ring on the oil filter cap during an oil change?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was it the oil cooler leaking, or just the case of someone not changing the rubber O ring on the oil filter cap during an oil change?
Quick answer, it wasn't leaking at the cap. They could not find where the leak was coming from.

They replaced the oil cooler assembly without finding exactly where the leak was coming from. The service writers tried to blame the person that did the last oil change (because it wasn't them), saying they over torqued the oil filter cap. Seeing as the last oil change was done over a month ago with 3500 kilometers since I don't think that was the cause.

When I walked into the dealer to check on the progress two service writers and the mechanic were standing there looking at the cooler assembly. When I approached I noticed that the filter cap was all ****ed up. I theorized that they tried to over torque the cap to either find the crack, or introduce one themselves to get out of paying for warranty. All they succeeded in doing was stripping the threads on the cap, idiots.

After all this they were still trying to get me to pay full price for the repair ($910.00) It took almost two hours of arguing and i ended up paying for an oil change (half price) and an engine shampoo as the engine was covered in oil. I know I should not have had to pay for that, but after two hours i just wanted to get the **** out of there.

So anyone in the Belleville area of Southern Ontario, let this be a warning, Belleville Dodge are a bunch of ****ing crooks!

cheers

1 - 3 of 3 Posts