Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Thanks for the notice. Whew.....ordered mine in March.....missed it by one month!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I know this does not apply to my 2011 Charger R/T AWD, but for the last 3 days in a row, every time I've placed the vehicle in park it has rolled backwards a considerable distance.

At first I thought it was a fluke. It's been fairly cold up here in Massachusetts. Today was no exception! 19 degrees F. I even double-checked that I had the vehicle in park. Each time it rolled back, the e-brake was not applied.

Then yesterday it rolled backwards nearly a few inches. I thought okay, that's just the sheet of ice my rear tires are on. When it rolled off it was no longer on the sheet of ice, and a considerable distance away from the snow mound behind my car. By the end of the day the car had rolled backwards completely into the mound of snow behind my car. I wasn't sure what to think of it. I didn't see any damage (thankfully!).

Today, when I got to work, I backed in near an icy snow mound. All seemed well. I placed the car into park, she didn't move. I thought "great!". I got out and looked. There was enough distance between me and the mound of ice. I sat back in the car to gather the rest of my things for work. Guess what! She rolled backwards over 6 inches into the icy snow mound behind me. All you felt was a "dud", followed by the ice cracking against the bumper. Turned the car on right away with my foot still on the brake... more ice started to crack against the bumper as she continued to roll further back. I pulled forward again. I didn't see any damage.

I also have a dashboard camera mounted in the car -- today it clearly showed me backing into the spot. You can hear my place the vehicle into park, followed by getting out of the vehicle to check my distance. When I sat back in the vehicle and closed the door… that's when it rolled backwards. Listening to the vehicle back into mound of ice on the video is like dragging your fingernails across a chalkboard. :(

The other two times the camera in the vehicle was off as the battery turned off completely.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I know this does not apply to my 2011 Charger R/T AWD, but for the last 3 days in a row, every time I've placed the vehicle in park it has rolled backwards a considerable distance.

At first I thought it was a fluke. It's been fairly cold up here in Massachusetts. Today was no exception! 19 degrees F. I even double-checked that I had the vehicle in park. Each time it rolled back, the e-brake was not applied.

Then yesterday it rolled backwards nearly a few inches. I thought okay, that's just the sheet of ice my rear tires are on. When it rolled off it was no longer on the sheet of ice, and a considerable distance away from the snow mound behind my car. By the end of the day the car had rolled backwards completely into the mound of snow behind my car. I wasn't sure what to think of it. I didn't see any damage (thankfully!).

Today, when I got to work, I backed in near an icy snow mound. All seemed well. I placed the car into park, she didn't move. I thought "great!". I got out and looked. There was enough distance between me and the mound of ice. I sat back in the car to gather the rest of my things for work. Guess what! She rolled backwards over 6 inches into the icy snow mound behind me. All you felt was a "dud", followed by the ice cracking against the bumper. Turned the car on right away with my foot still on the brake... more ice started to crack against the bumper as she continued to roll further back. I pulled forward again. I didn't see any damage.

I also have a dashboard camera mounted in the car -- today it clearly showed me backing into the spot. You can hear my place the vehicle into park, followed by getting out of the vehicle to check my distance. When I sat back in the vehicle and closed the door… that's when it rolled backwards. Listening to the vehicle back into mound of ice on the video is like dragging your fingernails across a chalkboard. :(

The other two times the camera in the vehicle was off as the battery turned off completely.
The transmission affected in the recall is the 8 speed 8HP45 automatic made by ZF (Chrysler I think is re-producing their version now). The transmission on your car and mine is still the 5 speed NAG1 AKA
W5A580 AKA Mercedes Benz 5G-Tronic, which Chrysler was licensed to re-produced. I'd start by looking at the cable and see if it is broken or loose at all, the adjustment is at the shifter end and would require at least lifting the bezel to check. If the adjustment is correct and the cable is otherwise OK the only remaining item would be inside the transmission with the park sprag mechanism. The pan would at least have to be dropped to inspect the manual linkage inside.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
I just picked up my new SXT Plus AWD yesterday. Strange thing is, build date is Dec. 2012 but it is not included in this recall. I had them check before I signed the papers.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
I just picked up my new SXT Plus AWD yesterday. Strange thing is, build date is Dec. 2012 but it is not included in this recall. I had them check before I signed the papers.
I was wrong and so were they. I guess mine is included. I see the notice when I log into the owner page. I called them though and they said that it might look like a flash is needed but everything else I read says new transmission.:banghead:

·
Registered
906 Posts
i bought my 2013 back in November... i'll keep and eye out. thanks for the heads up.

·
Registered
906 Posts
it says charger awd though?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts