Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm thinking about keeping the car and just having it procharged. But, in order to get the most out of it I was curious to see what the weak links are in the 392 and how much they can handle stock.

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
You'll need forged internals. Forged pistons for sure. Somebody with more experience will chime in soon. If you want the best info contact Hemi31. He is the modern hemi expert around these parts.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,659 Posts
How do you like those michellin pilot sports btw? Lol
They're awesome man, easily the best tires you can buy. The traction is amazing and the overall handling of the car has improved noticeably! I can corner much better...that's where I noticed the biggest difference. That's with the road and track suspension, I can only imagine how awesome it would be on the srt!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
The 392 in stock trim can handle 8ibs all day long with the right tune. Which is over 600hp...how big do you want to go?

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
damn nice goals. 850-900 out of any motor will need a forged assembly.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Look up Fairfield Dodge in Muncy Pa. They just did this to a challenger and can give you a good idea of what needs done. And can tell you what Internals they changed. They have an in-house dyno too and the car put down 620hp to the rear wheels after all mods.

Talk with Chip, and tell him I told you to call!

·
Registered
31 Posts
He is talking crank hp not rwhp lol. Witch it can handle all day long.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Sounds like more of a tuning problem then.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Humm I dont see that happening. People or blowing up there motors with less then 550hp update? Thats to close to the stock of 470 I think. Figure dodge will give a little room to add more power.

·
Registered
391 Posts
you guys need to get around a little bit. this forum is all about what intake is best.

stock pistons in the 392 are like glass. there is no room to add more power. head over to lxforums and do a little research. has nothing to do with the tuning. the 6.1 is actually a stronger motor because of the weak pistons in the 6.4. theres at least 10 guys over on lx forums that have popped there motors. there cars were all tuned by the best tuners in the game. the ringlands are positioned to high to handle boost.

·
Registered
186 Posts
My rumble bee has a 10 psi supercharger on it. Everybody has been telling me the engine is going to blow, the tranny is gonna fail and that the hemi cant take it. Funny thing is its been on the motor for 9 years already. Maybe its because I dont beat on it very much but maybe its because it has a good tune. Maybe it has forged internals…
Either way putting all that stress on an engine can be bad if you go around with your foot to the floor all the time.
Just my 2cents for what its worth.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
My rumble bee has a 10 psi supercharger on it. Everybody has been telling me the engine is going to blow, the tranny is gonna fail and that the hemi cant take it. Funny thing is its been on the motor for 9 years already. Maybe its because I dont beat on it very much but maybe its because it has a good tune. Maybe it has forged internals…
Either way putting all that stress on an engine can be bad if you go around with your foot to the floor all the time.
Just my 2cents for what its worth.
Rumble bee has a 9.6:1 compression 5.7 in it, not an 11.5:1 6.4.

OP you can try 6psi, but the tune better be perfect and you should have the mind set that you may pop a piston. A set of drop in pistons would go a long way toward piece of mind but even then it's not a fix all. Only a fully forged bottom with a good set of pistons will get you safely beyond 6 psi.

·
Premium Member
11,698 Posts
I'm reopening the thread...

Discuss the technicals, support them with known facts please.

Any more personal attacks and there will be some time outs.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts