Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2103 SRT8 and having a loud clicking and popping coming somewhere underneath the car. Its intermittent and goes away if shifted in neutral while moving. I have checked all the obvious things, rear dif, CV axel, wheel bearings...etc. i have done a mid muffler delete and the adaptive valves are quite worn causing squeeking and some vibration. My mechanic says that the valves are what are causing the sound but it doesnt sound like a valve issue. It sounds like a busted gear popping and clicking...but again the fact that it is intermittent is the real brain buster. If it were a gear issue in the front or rear of the driveline it would constant right?? Any help on this would be appreciated. I am quite perplexed. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I know my description of the problem is shite but really all I'm looking for is someone who might agree with the exhaust theory. To be honest ever since the noise started (getting louder) I've been babying it and even parked it for most of January. But after spending $500 to replace a rear cv axle and being told its the exhaust valves I kinda said ##ck it and pushed it a bit. I noticed if I give it a good kickdown and open throttle on a speed run the sound seems to subside which would lend credence to it being a valve issue as they warm and open up I guess? 🤷‍♂️ Just a horrible sound. Click, click, click, pop, click..And can feel it in the floor boards a bit. The car feels great otherwise, smooth shifts, no vibrations at speed etc. Planning to go to the exhaust shop tomorrow so we'll see in a day or two I guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts