Charger Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need a new power steering pump. Had a replacement MOPAR/Charger ($400) pump put on after mine failed (~96K miles). That part failed after install 4 days later.
Not going to get another used pump ($400). Don't want to get brand new ($1100) if I can avoid it. Shopping 3rd Party/Aftermarket. Can anyone tell me the difference between the two pumps below? If the costliest one is so much better, I'll just bite the bullet and go through the dealership and pay the $1100 for a replacement part.
Thanks for your help!

Attachments

·
Registered
648 Posts
Those look identical, from the same company even.
No warranty for a 4 day old pump?
-------------------
Different car, but went to websites that supplied engines to Autozone and Advance.
Both warehouses in the same town, same address, both had same number of engines.

Only difference was the logo in the corner.

---------------

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
I don't know the difference between the two pumps. The description of each is identical.
But there are some cautions when installing the new pump.
Always use a new O-ring on the end of the pressure line and lubricate the new O-ring with clean power steering fluid.The EHPS pump requires a different power steering fluid. Use a fluid that meets material specification MS-11655 or equivalent.
Be sure to purge all the air from the power steering system. Pump failure may occur if all the air is not purged from the power steering system correctly.

https://youtu.be/GjYtzMF9oko

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those look identical, from the same company even.
No warranty for a 4 day old pump?
-------------------
Different car, but went to websites that supplied engines to Autozone and Advance.
Both warehouses in the same town, same address, both had same number of engines.

Only difference was the logo in the corner.

---------------
The "junk yard" scrap retailer has a 90-day warranty on anything they've sold, but I'm not going through them anymore after I return this one.
Lo & behold, all they do is visually check if it's damaged, coming off a scrap car.
If no red flags visually, is simply inventoried, smh

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are MUCH cheaper on RockAuto.com:

generic rebuilt $511.89 core $170.00 total $681.89

Mopar rebuilt $655.79 core $50.00 total $705.79

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/dodge,2013,charger,5.7l+v8,1505047,steering,power+steering+pump,7380
This is awesome! Definitely going to check them out! I'd rather stay Mopar if I could, but if there's legitimately no difference in longevity/performance on those pumps for a car like mine (Daytona), then I'm for what's most cost-effective. I don't want to sacrifice quality, is all

·
Registered
648 Posts
The "junk yard" scrap retailer has a 90-day warranty on anything they've sold, but I'm not going through them anymore after I return this one.
Lo & behold, all they do is visually check if it's damaged, coming off a scrap car.
My sympathies.

I have a few stories of that myself......but not tonight...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My sympathies.

I have a few stories of that myself......but not tonight...
😂 I understand. I truly do, SMH

·
Registered
21 Posts
Need a new power steering pump. Had a replacement MOPAR/Charger ($400) pump put on after mine failed (~96K miles). That part failed after install 4 days later.
Not going to get another used pump ($400). Don't want to get brand new ($1100) if I can avoid it. Shopping 3rd Party/Aftermarket. Can anyone tell me the difference between the two pumps below? If the costliest one is so much better, I'll just bite the bullet and go through the dealership and pay the $1100 for a replacement part.
Thanks for your help!
Check this place out I've been using them for all my parts lately looks like only $312.00 for a O.E. rebuilt pump for your RT.
https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts/mopar-pump-power-steering~5181778ab.html?Make=Dodge&Model=Charger&Year=2013&Submodel=&Filter=()

·
Registered
4,589 Posts
Check this place out I've been using them for all my parts lately looks like only $312.00 for a O.E. rebuilt pump for your RT.
https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts/mopar-pump-power-steering~5181778ab.html?Make=Dodge&Model=Charger&Year=2013&Submodel=&Filter=()
That's the wrong pump...it is for the SRT (with the belt driven pump) he needs the electro-hydraulic pump which costs twice as much. However, I get stuff from Mopar Parts Giant a lot..great prices

https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts-list/2013-dodge-charger/steering-power-steering-pump-reservoir.html?Diagram=i2290521

1 - 11 of 11 Posts