Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this charger used a few months back, I love the thing its fast sounds nice and is fully loaded.

Only issue I have with the car is the driver heated seat turns off after 3-5 seconds of being on. Recently its been getting up to Temp then turning off.
Im taking it to the dealer to get a quote on the price to get it fixed because I'm no longer under warranty. I

I just wanted to come on here and ask if anyone else has the same problem and to see how much it cost to fix.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for this, atleast I know the part. I'm guessing his repair was covered under warranty. I called up a dealership near me to see if they can get a rough estimate on the price and they said it's $850 which doesn't sound right to me so Im scheduling an appointment to go up to the dealer and have them look at it in person

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
the driver heated seat turns off after 3-5 seconds of being on.
The heated seats have a low voltage cut-off feature. This feature turns off power to the heated seat system anytime vehicle voltage is below 11.7 volts or above 15.5 volts.
Have the main battery tested to make sure it's not the problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The heated seats have a low voltage cut-off feature. This feature turns off power to the heated seat system anytime vehicle voltage is below 11.7 volts or above 15.5 volts.
Have the main battery tested to make sure it's not the problem.
I appreciate this idea and I definitely will get the battery tested, but my passenger and back seats heated seats work, could the battery still be bad even they those work but not the driver seat?

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
could the battery still be bad even they those work but not the driver seat?
Having the battery tested is still a good idea since it's a 2013 that you just bought. Who knows the age/condition of the battery. If all the heated seats, except the driver seat, are working then it's probably a problem with the driver seat circuit.There's two heated seat elements for each heated seat ... one on the seat back cushion and the other on the seat bottom cushion. The heated seat elements are hard-wired to the HSM (heated seat module) that's mounted under the front passenger seat. Check the wiring/connectors to see if they are loose, disconnected, etc...
You can plug a scanner into the car's OBD2 port to see if any codes are logged. You will need to use a scanner that can read all modules/codes since the codes for the heated seats are Bxxxx body codes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Having the battery tested is still a good idea since it's a 2013 that you just bought. Who knows the age/condition of the battery. If all the heated seats, except the driver seat, are working then it's probably a problem with the driver seat circuit.There's two heated seat elements for each heated seat ... one on the seat back cushion and the other on the seat bottom cushion. The heated seat elements are hard-wired to the HSM (heated seat module) that's mounted under the front passenger seat. Check the wiring/connectors to see if they are loose, disconnected, etc...
You can plug a scanner into the car's OBD2 port to see if any codes are logged. You will need to use a scanner that can read all modules/codes since the codes for the heated seats are Bxxxx body codes.
Alright, I appreciate it again cause this seat is driving me nuts. I will definitely look at it with a scan tool.

I should've explained this in the beginning idk why I didnt. But sometimes I feel like it depends on the temp the heated seat will work and stay on till it reaches its max temp then turns off but that only happens every once in a while.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Heated seats only work when temperatures are below 40° F. Since the problem seems to be intermittent there may be a loose connection ... or the ambient temp starts below 40° F and then warms up and shuts off the heated seats.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts