Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to establish some perspective on number of Copperhead SRT8 Chargers manufactured for 2013. It appears to have been a small run / number. There were ony two in the country when I bought mine in early April. If you own one or have seen one please reply with any details you may have (city, state, options). Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Appreciate the response kar1zma !!

summary so far

1 - mine - purchased from Duncan OK
2 - was at fort lauderdale florida dealer (painted black roof option)
3 - seen in bahrain

·
Registered
66 Posts
anything special about the copperhead or is it only the paint color?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
anything special about the copperhead or is it only the paint color?
Paint color only - seems to have been a limited run (short availability).

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
summary so far

1 - mine - purchased from Duncan OK
2 - was at fort lauderdale florida dealer (painted black roof option) now sold
3 - seen in bahrain
Wow - was expecting a few more than that.

bump

·
Banned
591 Posts
Very rare cars man, search cars.com and see....I looked and looked and only came across ONE which could be yours lol. It could still be on there though...

Bad news for you though, they are running the color again right now until July...so a few more are likely to pop up.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very rare cars man, search cars.com and see....I looked and looked and only came across ONE which could be yours lol. It could still be on there though...

Bad news for you though, they are running the color again right now until July...so a few more are likely to pop up.
Appreciate the update !! Real question would be are they running the color again in Brampton for R/Ts, SXTs and SEs or will they really offer it for the SRT8 ?? When I found mine in OK, I had tried several times through the local dealer working with the dodge rep to enter a paid order but no such luck.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New SRT Colors Added

Dodge website now shows PCP, Hemi Orange and TORRED available for 2013 Charger SRT8 but no Copperhead. Also looks like Copperhead not available for SE, SXT or R/Ts. Hmmmm. Turbo - where did you learn that Copperhead is running again ??

·
Banned
591 Posts
Dodge website now shows PCP, Hemi Orange and TORRED available for 2013 Charger SRT8 but no Copperhead. Also looks like Copperhead not available for SE, SXT or R/Ts. Hmmmm. Turbo - where did you learn that Copperhead is running again ??
Right from the ordering site, says it will not be able to order after July 15th. Couple months ago it was on there saying it was available to order again, so its basically another short run, I guess?

Unlikely it'll be anymore popular this time around than the first though....

Oh..

Rob Lambdin's University Dodge RAM Mitsubishi has the one I mentioned above, its a 2013 SRT8

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right from the ordering site, says it will not be able to order after July 15th. Couple months ago it was on there saying it was available to order again, so its basically another short run, I guess?

Unlikely it'll be anymore popular this time around than the first though....

Oh..

Rob Lambdin's University Dodge RAM Mitsubishi has the one I mentioned above, its a 2013 SRT8
OK Thanks Turbo. The Rob Lambdin car is #2 on the list above. Has the black painted roof option.

·
Banned
591 Posts
OK Thanks Turbo. The Rob Lambdin car is #2 on the list above. Has the black painted roof option.
There was also a picture of one in the Brampton holding yard awhile back, probably one of, or the first one they painted. No clue where it ended up though....unless that one is yours lol

·
Banned
591 Posts
Seems like this might be ultra rare. If I ever see that 2006 SRT Go Mango again, I am buying it.
IIRC that car was either sold directly from Chrysler on eBay or it ended up on there a few years ago. car looked killer, they should have built those instead of the yellow ones IMO.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
There was also a picture of one in the Brampton holding yard awhile back, probably one of, or the first one they painted. No clue where it ended up though....unless that one is yours lol
Those Brampton yard pics from 9/23/13 are actually how I found out that any Copperhead SRT8s existed and started my nationwide search. However that post (and those pics) is before the build date of my car, so it isn't mine.

When I contacted "Splynter" via PM after I bought mine, here is what he said ...

I was here when it was in production.......I saw maybe, maybe, half a dozen SRT8's "Copperheads" at most.

Interesting for sure - hope this quasi registry finds the other cars out there. Wonder when (if) Dodge will release numbers.

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
IIRC that car was either sold directly from Chrysler on eBay or it ended up on there a few years ago. car looked killer, they should have built those instead of the yellow ones IMO.
Yeah, and after that it was up for sale a Barrett Jackson, and didnt sell. They wanted like $45 for it back in 06 or 07.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
According to their website,the black painted roof car (#2 on the list above) is still available at Rob Lambdin Dodge in Fort Lauderdale. Has driver confidence, adaptive cruise, sunroof and F1s.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on a point of contact at Dodge for production numbers (once released) ??

·
Banned
591 Posts
Anyone have any ideas or suggestions on a point of contact at Dodge for production numbers (once released) ??
Try asking the PR guys through the Chrysler Communications Facebook page (if you're on there). Mike Driehorst and team :2cents: Probably pretty easy to find his email as well....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Try asking the PR guys through the Chrysler Communications Facebook page (if you're on there). Mike Driehorst and team :2cents: Probably pretty easy to find his email as well....
Will do - appreciate the response. Thanks

1 - 20 of 33 Posts