Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone im new to this site and i need some help. I have a 2013 Charger SE with the 3.6L V6 in it and i was wondering what kind of performance parts and upgrades i can do the car to improve overall top speed, mpg's, HP, etc. any advice would be great!

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
Hi everyone im new to this site and i need some help. I have a 2013 Charger SE with the 3.6L V6 in it and i was wondering what kind of performance parts and upgrades i can do the car to improve overall top speed, mpg's, HP, etc. any advice would be great!
I'll do you a bit of a favor and give you a basic list of bolt ons that will help. It's not a huge increase but it'll help a little.

CAI - Doesn't really matter what kind
Dual Exhaust - Aftermarket will help reduce weight and help give you a few horses.
Tuner - I'm not aware if one is out yet for the new V6s but be patient one will turn up soon.
Suspension - Why not have it ride great along with making it fast?

That should be good to get you going, there isn't a whole lot out there yet because it's still a new engine but hang in there :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of suspension would you recommend? And also what exhaust? I want that nice low muscle sounding exhaust and I know it might be kind of hard due to the fact that it's a v6 but is there am exhaust for it that will provide that sound?

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts
What kind of suspension would you recommend? And also what exhaust? I want that nice low muscle sounding exhaust and I know it might be kind of hard due to the fact that it's a v6 but is there am exhaust for it that will provide that sound?
Honestly I'm not sure. I have the older gen. model so what might be good for me might not necessarily be good for you. That and I'm not 100% on the aftermarkets available for you car.

I would guess Mopar suspension kit and Magnaflow exhaust, I've always heard Magnaflow was more tamed than the other aftermarkets, you still get that rumble but nothing obnoxious. Hopefully another new gen. owner will pop in here with some experience. :beerchug:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi tjdeboo94,

A good modification you can do to help your Charger’s performance is installing an exhaust system. Borla’s cat-back systems are specifically designed and tuned for each vehicle to give you the most in horsepower gains, torque gains, and improved fuel economy. Plus the unique “Sound of Power” our systems offer. Your SE will have a more aggressive and deeper sound to it with our system (part #140448), compared to the factory exhaust. All of our systems are made of durable, high quality, 300-series austenitic stainless and come with our Million Mile Warranty.

I’ve included a video link below of a 2012 SE with our cat-back system installed on it. If you have any questions, please give us a call at 805-986-8600 and we’ll gladly help you out. Happy motoring!

VIDEO: Dodge charger 2012 SE - Borla cat-back exhaust:

·
Registered
5,091 Posts
Ok first off, you have a 3.6L putting out close to 300 hp, that in itself is great
you have true dual exhaust from the factory, anything you do like going aftermarket will be mainly for sound, very little to do with performance, althought maybe in the end remove a bit of restriction.
for the exhaust, remove cats(restriction). Would say change headers but i think the new 6 cylinder engines headers are part of the engine.
on top of that you will want to put in a High flow drop in air filter. Unless you will be routing a cold air intake to the underneath part kf the car to get true cold air, a short cone filter setup will do nothing for u. Your stock setup already pulls cold air from the outside, lessen the restriction with the drop in filter and change out the tube for a smooth intake tube.
Look into tuners, i think the new 3.6s can be tuned, if so, voila, you will get 3 more steps of power steps available to u.
Also keep in mind your maintenance, less leech, more power available to you.
also weight reduction, remove spare and stuff taking weight you dont need or use out of the car. Every 100lbs is approx equivalent in a run to 10hp :)
happy moddding!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts