Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed jba longtube headers to my 2013 charger srt8. I am currently having issues when I start my car it takes a while to turn on also my car does not run good like before I can’t even press the gas all the way it won’t even go fast. It just stays there rpms are not working good what could be my issue? I installed my o2 connectors they all installed but I’m not sure what’s the issue. If any body could help thank you so much.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Couple of things...

Did you do the work yourself?

Did you unbolt the knock sensors and possibly not bolt them back up?

Odd sounds?

Check engine light on/ flashing?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just installed jba longtube headers to my 2013 charger srt8. I am currently having issues when I start my car it takes a while to turn on also my car does not run good like before I can’t even press the gas all the way it won’t even go fast. It just stays there rpms are not working good what could be my issue? I installed my o2 connectors they all installed but I’m not sure what’s the issue. If any body could help thank you so much.
Couple of things...

Did you do the work yourself?

Did you unbolt the knock sensors and possibly not bolt them back up?

Odd sounds?

Check engine light on/ flashing?
I got someone to do the job for me but we’re trying to figure it out. My check engine light is on & my traction light as well. What do you mean by odd sounds. When I press gas all the way down it sounds like rough it does not sound the same

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It does not wanna go fast as it just keeps feeling weird its not running okay over all

·
Registered
860 Posts
You need to find out what codes are tripped on the car. Get a good code scanner and see what they are. That would be the best place to start.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You need to find out what codes are tripped on the car. Get a good code scanner and see what they are. That would be the best place to start.
Thanks! Also could it be the installing because my car was running perfectly fine until after I installed headers

·
Registered
860 Posts
Thanks! Also could it be the installing because my car was running perfectly fine until after I installed headers
From here, I'd lay odds someone left a knock sensor loose/ unplugged or over torqued it.

It's impossible to tell without know what codes are present. The codes will tell you what's wrong and keep you from guessing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts