Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2013 Daytona and I’m looking to swap my diff from the 2.62 open to a 3.09 LSD. Been reading through the forums but everyone seems to only has information on the newer chargers but they have the 8 speed not 5, I know they can be direct swap but what about my generation? Do I need axels and hubs or can you get direct swap for a 13. Part numbers, links, or any knowledge on the subject will be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
215 Posts
There is no 3.09 lsd that is a true easy bolt in for your car. The 3.09 comes from the new generation cars. You would need the entire rear cradle not just the diff. Also a custom driveshaft I believe.

You can get a diff from your generations car (2006-2014) in 3.06, 3.73 or 3.91 lsd. Those only require axles, hubs, a rear coupler and a front pinion bolt. I’m in the middle of pulling those parts together for my Daytona.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no 3.09 lsd that is a true easy bolt in for your car. The 3.09 comes from the new generation cars. You would need the entire rear cradle not just the diff. Also a custom driveshaft I believe.

You can get a diff from your generations car (2006-2014) in 3.06, 3.73 or 3.91 lsd. Those only require axles, hubs, a rear coupler and a front pinion bolt. I’m in the middle of pulling those parts together for my Daytona.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@newoldcharger thanks that was very helpful, would you happen to have a part number for the 3.06 by any chance ?

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
What you want is a 3.06 Getrag (stock 12-14 SRT differential), which I happen to have. Where are you located?

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts