Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well let's see i bought the car new last June so I have had it for 14 months. Throughout that time I have had 10 check engine lights for the same Evap purge fault. P0441. The car has been with dodge since yesterday now again and they still don't know what is wrong. I have had everything from the solenoid, every sensor, multiple software updates, PCM, basically you name it replaced more then once. Anyone have any other ideas or the same problem as I now am to the point where I've called Chrysler and opened up a case for lemon law. I don't really want to lose my baby, but I won't keep a new car that can't be fixed either. Any help would be great!

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Well let's see i bought the car new last June so I have had it for 14 months. Throughout that time I have had 10 check engine lights for the same Evap purge fault. P0441. The car has been with dodge since yesterday now again and they still don't know what is wrong. I have had everything from the solenoid, every sensor, multiple software updates, PCM, basically you name it replaced more then once. Anyone have any other ideas or the same problem as I now am to the point where I've called Chrysler and opened up a case for lemon law. I don't really want to lose my baby, but I won't keep a new car that can't be fixed either. Any help would be great!
I am sorry the issue is not resolved. Sent you a PM.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just an update on the car since no one seems to have had the same issue with their car. My car is still going back to the shop for the same evap code. Dodge has 3 STAR files opened with Chrysler on my car and no idea what to do still. I take it back in again on wednesday for the 14th time for this issue. Looks like I will be the first one I know of to start the lemon law process on a newer dodge charger. It's a shame but 14 tries I think is pretty generous on my part.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks it is unfortunate as they don't make the awd with the home anymore so looks like my dodge days will be over. Makes me sad cause there is nothing else I really want

·
Registered
516 Posts
Thanks it is unfortunate as they don't make the awd with the home anymore so looks like my dodge days will be over. Makes me sad cause there is nothing else I really want
Are you sure about that? I just checked on Dodge's website, and you can still build an R/T AWD.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Are you sure about that? I just checked on Dodge's website, and you can still build an R/T AWD.
Not for 2015, unless you start a fleet account and buy a cop car with it. 2014 production just ended so he'll have to find one somewhere.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Just an update on the car since no one seems to have had the same issue with their car. My car is still going back to the shop for the same evap code. Dodge has 3 STAR files opened with Chrysler on my car and no idea what to do still. I take it back in again on wednesday for the 14th time for this issue. Looks like I will be the first one I know of to start the lemon law process on a newer dodge charger. It's a shame but 14 tries I think is pretty generous on my part.
Did the dealer make a diagnosis?

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Thanks it is unfortunate as they don't make the awd with the hemi anymore so looks like my dodge days will be over. Makes me sad cause there is nothing else I really want
Not for 2015, unless you start a fleet account and buy a cop car with it. 2014 production just ended so he'll have to find one somewhere.
Oh that really sucks! :sad:

I loved my V6/AWD, and I have driven a '14 300 with the V6/8-spd and enjoyed it, but still...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts