Charger Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some input. Just did a cam and lifter swap on my 5.7 pursuit. Plugged in the code scanner and I am shown these readings, is this normal or is something off? Thanks for any help in advance. The timing was set according to the manual. Cam at 12, crank at 6, the keyway was at 2 position. The car started right up for a second then died. Now ot cranks but won't start. I found I had not power on fuses 34 and 35, pcm ground this through the asd circuit. I jumped the asd and now have power on 34 and 35. I have fuel pressure, only getting 4 dtcs for the mds. Still cranks but won't start. Has my timing moved or is there something else going on. I rolled the motor over by hand 4 complete rotations after timing chain installed and another 4 after valvetrain was torqued. Everything looked good.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
You installed a custom tune to go along with the cam?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No only thing close to it is a diablo tune. I was told when ordering the cam that it "wouldn't need a custom tune but it would be better with one" I ended up going over way over budget because the car needed brakes and tires. And of course the cost of tuning has gone up significantly. I was hoping a custom tune wasn't the case but it's looking more like a probability. The cam is a Comp Cam NSR HRT stage 1 216/222, LSA is 114. I did put some BBK shorty headers on since I was already there. Rest of car is stock, mid muffler delete and a K&N air filter, not the cold air just the factory fit filter. I do have a Diablo i3 running the 93 tune as well. It's been a slow couple months being self employed. I usually do the uber thing for extra money but this is my DD. Rock and a hard place lol and im learning upgrade costs get real expensive real fast on these.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Reactions: NickDizzleRT

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is totally crazy... I did get the car running. Haven't gotten a tune for it yet but I found the issue... I was bout to pull my hair out but I cooled off and started tearing it back down. I'm not a mechanic anymore but fairly confident in my abilities. low and behold, after the intake manifold came off, I noticed some debris. Straight trash, random trash, twigs, pieces of a wonderbread bag, and....poop.. I'll be damned if a packrat made himself a mansion in my intake manifold!!! It did sit for some time while I waited for parts.. So I cleaned intake, took my shop vac to the cylinder heads while cranking the motor by hand to get the valves open. Slapped er back together and VROOOM! Fired right up. The ETC light is still on, guessing that's how the lil sh*t got in there. Definitely gonna need some adjusting but it is driveable (with some gas+brake action). Ive seen em kill blower motors and wiring but this was a first on an intake manifold. Hes gotta be a strong lil turd to move that TB flap. Traps set now we wait. Thanks again for helpin with the link. Seems to be the best priced as well. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Pack rats can be a royal PITA. A friend of mine had pack rats damage the wiring harness in his Dodge Viper. Good thing he had insurance coverage. Took the dealership about a month to get it all replaced and working again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts