Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all. I am spanking brand new to the forum since I have recently purchased a 2013 Charger pursuit from a local University, Bought the car as a non-runner that had been sitting for 6 months. A couple of fuses later, the car starts up beautifully and runs strong. I have only one issue which is driving me nuts. The rear LEDs do not work. The 3rd brake light and reverse lights (non LEDs) work fine. I have no running lights in the rear. I am having trouble finding any information as to where a fuse might be or relay that controls these. Have not checked for power at the lights yet but I feel the lights should be ok. The car only has 36k miles. This is my third ex-police vehicle and they usually mess stuff up as they remove the police equipment before selling the cars. All wiring seems to be intact to the lights but I do notice the racetrack lighting had strobes installed and were removed. Very limited info is out there on trouble shooting and any advice would be appreciated. They do not turn on at all when lights on braking. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
The race track lights don’t light when braking. But some police depts disable the rear track lights for stealth. Either but cutting the wires or just disconnecting them. https://youtu.be/OMsH04Snh40

Might help ya locate the wires for the lights

Reactions: Jaime Franco

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hello all. I am spanking brand new to the forum since I have recently purchased a 2013 Charger pursuit from a local University, Bought the car as a non-runner that had been sitting for 6 months. A couple of fuses later, the car starts up beautifully and runs strong. I have only one issue which is driving me nuts. The rear LEDs do not work. The 3rd brake light and reverse lights (non LEDs) work fine. I have no running lights in the rear. I am having trouble finding any information as to where a fuse might be or relay that controls these. Have not checked for power at the lights yet but I feel the lights should be ok. The car only has 36k miles. This is my third ex-police vehicle and they usually mess stuff up as they remove the police equipment before selling the cars. All wiring seems to be intact to the lights but I do notice the racetrack lighting had strobes installed and were removed. Very limited info is out there on trouble shooting and any advice would be appreciated. They do not turn on at all when lights on braking. Thanks.
In one of the ten t taps back there you will find your issue. I've had several with this issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In one of the ten t taps back there you will find your issue. I've had several with this issue.
What do you mean t taps? I haven’t found any in my 2011 pursuit model. I can’t seem to get the “c”’s to light up with my running lights. The rest of the race track is lit up but not my brake assemblies for some reason. I’ve traced wires and have found any shorts or anything not hooked up let shine any t taps unless I’m not familiar with what your talking about. I’ve been trying everything I know and can’t seem to find the solution! You shed the most confident on this forum so you help would be greatly valued. And I plan to post when I figure it out because I know more of these models will be retired out of the force and I couldn’t possibly bff the only one having issues. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts