Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HECK YES!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems about avg. It's a Plus the lifters have been done.

Reactions: BoomerSpeed01

· Registered
226 Posts
My '15 5.7 AWD needs both differentials, both driveshafts, several half shafts, and brakes. And one of the DRLs is out.

Mine has a complete(!) original interior, never had a searchlight, light bar, push bar, or man cage. It has had some bodywork (front door gaps are not exactly right) and camber on one front wheel is right on the edge of spec.

I paid more for mine, previous owner tinted windows and put on 20" R/T rims (one is bent). He also removed both mufflers and resonators. The car is fun and easy to drive.

If you are prepared to take on a project to build a reliable daily driver and willing to do any needed repairs, go for it. If you want a project to race, it is possibly a good foundation. If you think it will be a cheap reliable car for the next few years without significant work, think very carefully or inspect very carefully; the odds are against you.

I bought mine because of the "cop" configuration; stiff suspension, seats which don't squeeze my carry, brakes that can run hard on a mountain road and still stop the car at the bottom of a mountain; things like that.

The price is lower than a consumer car for good reasons. Understand them and then decide.

· Registered
2013 Dodge Charger Police/Pursuit
55 Posts
My '15 5.7 AWD needs both differentials, both driveshafts, several half shafts, and brakes. And one of the DRLs is out.

Mine has a complete(!) original interior, never had a searchlight, light bar, push bar, or man cage. It has had some bodywork (front door gaps are not exactly right) and camber on one front wheel is right on the edge of spec.

I paid more for mine, previous owner tinted windows and put on 20" R/T rims (one is bent). He also removed both mufflers and resonators. The car is fun and easy to drive.

If you are prepared to take on a project to build a reliable daily driver and willing to do any needed repairs, go for it. If you want a project to race, it is possibly a good foundation. If you think it will be a cheap reliable car for the next few years without significant work, think very carefully or inspect very carefully; the odds are against you.

I bought mine because of the "cop" configuration; stiff suspension, seats which don't squeeze my carry, brakes that can run hard on a mountain road and still stop the car at the bottom of a mountain; things like that.

The price is lower than a consumer car for good reasons. Understand them and then decide.
I've done a considerable amount of research and I understand the risks. The car has a full service history and all of the major things to look out for have already been done recently. So I'm pretty confident that it will be reliable for a considerable amount of time. Steering is tight, there's no clunking in suspension, no slack or noise in the driveline, very new tires, valves cam and lifters were serviced about 1k miles ago... Really the only things I need to do to the car is get it aligned to take some of the camber out to make the tires last longer, and get an exhaust lol

· Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What's active runners? Saw it in your signature. And what's GSP NightHawks Pursuit? Might be dumb questions, but you only have to ask a dumb question once haha
I installed the 6.4 Intake, which has a runner with valves in it to change from long runner to short runner. I wired them in to work so that intake stays in long runner mode til around 4800 rpms then switches over to short runner mode.

Long runners are good for low end power, short for higher rpm power. Uses the HelmHoltz resonance to improve power at certain rpms ranges.

GSP Nighthawks: Georgia State Patrol Nighthawks unit. It is a small group of highly trained specfic Officers who during peak hours strictly go out to find DUIs.

· Registered
55 Posts
I installed the 6.4 Intake, which has a runner with valves in it to change from long runner to short runner. I wired them in to work so that intake stays in long runner mode til around 4800 rpms then switches over to short runner mode.

Long runners are good for low end power, short for higher rpm power. Uses the HelmHoltz resonance to improve power at certain rpms ranges.

GSP Nighthawks: Georgia State Patrol Nighthawks unit. It is a small group of highly trained specfic Officers who during peak hours strictly go out to find DUIs.
That's cool that you got more or less a limited edition version being from a special unit. And as far as active runners, didn't the C4 Corvette ZR1 have something like that? It had a special intake tuned by Yamaha that did something similar with long and short intake runners.

Does the 392 intake have a larger throttlebody?

· Registered
817 Posts
That's cool that you got more or less a limited edition version being from a special unit. And as far as active runners, didn't the C4 Corvette ZR1 have something like that? It had a special intake tuned by Yamaha that did something similar with long and short intake runners.

I don't know if youd really call it a limited edition its more what the use was.

I didn't know about the runners. That's interesting and an intake I'd look into if or when i need to replace mine.

· Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
5.7 and 6.4 share the exact same Throttlebody. Which is why I laugh when 3.6 or 5.7 guys swear a larger TB did so much for them....

Far as Pursuit goes, the install is much easier than a Civilian due to supplying power. Later On I can show you. I spent about $600-700 on my intake swap and one of the few mods I am 100% pleased with.
Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Automotive air manifold Vehicle

· Registered
55 Posts
5.7 and 6.4 share the exact same Throttlebody. Which is why I laugh when 3.6 or 5.7 guys swear a larger TB did so much for them....

Far as Pursuit goes, the install is much easier than a Civilian due to supplying power. Later On I can show you. I spent about $600-700 on my intake swap and one of the few mods I am 100% pleased with.
View attachment 309789
Ya if even the 6.4 has the same throttle body I’d say the main difference is the cold side of the intake. Or is the intake manifold better on the 6.4?

· Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ya if even the 6.4 has the same throttle body I’d say the main difference is the cold side of the intake. Or is the intake manifold better on the 6.4?
Overall the design is better. More flow, and the dual runner design.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts