Charger Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

Thinking of putting an amp in my 2012 with the 8.4 since i replaced all the 6x9 speakers with polk dxi691. Wanted to know what i needed. I have the 6 speaker Alpine system which comes with 276 amp i suppose.

From what I have read..i "think" the amp will be tapping into the factory amp? Or do I go from the head unit? I talked to someone at crutchfield and this is what they recommended wiring wise http://www.crutchfield.com/I-rXYEc222/app/cart/EmailCart.aspx?emKey=1080756. Im going with the Polk PA600.A amp.

Thanks a bunch for your help.

thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
crutchfield knows there stuff. I would go off what they're telling you. If anything run your separate setup and split into the existing remote wire from the head unit that the stock amp is using and you should be in business

·
Registered
11 Posts
PAC Audio makes the correct interface to install an aftermarket amp. It taps into the wiring harness with standard connectors - no splicing - and provides 4 channel line level RCA outputs and a 12V remote lead.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool....thanks a bunch guys. So much good advice here. My speakers sound great but i have to turn the volume up to wake them up. My high are awesome. Hopefully this helps/resolves it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts