Charger Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a used Charger soon and the two I'm looking at are a 2012 SXT with an 8 speed transmission with 80,000 miles listed at $15,995 and a 2014 SE with I believe a 5 speed transmission with 41,000 miles listed at $16,900. Wanted to get some experts opinions on which one I should go for.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I'm looking to buy a used Charger soon and the two I'm looking at are a 2012 SXT with an 8 speed transmission with 80,000 miles listed at $15,995 and a 2014 SE with I believe a 5 speed transmission with 41,000 miles listed at $16,900. Wanted to get some experts opinions on which one I should go for.

What do you plan on using the car for mainly? With the price difference being only about $1k I would be looking a lot harder at the one with half as much miles.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I would go for the SXT. That 8 speed is worth it on the v6.

edit: Honestly for that price range I would look for a 2015 SE with less than 36k miles. You get the remainder of the factory warranty and the 8 speed.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I would go for the SXT. That 8 speed is worth it on the v6.

edit: Honestly for that price range I would look for a 2015 SE with less than 36k miles. You get the remainder of the factory warranty and the 8 speed.

Hands down if they were around the same mileage it would be the SXT 8 speed. I absolutely love mine. Sport mode is fun, better gas mileage, and lots of nice options. But if it was going to be my main car to drive and I HAD to pick one...I wouldn't be looking at a car with over 80K miles for that much money. The thought of how the previous owner(s) may have treated or mistreated it would bother me too much. I think the only was I could consider it is if it was only 1 owner and they had all the service records, car looked amazing inside and out and I could tell that the owner really took pride in owning it and taking care of it.

If I didn't have to choose one of those 2, I would keep looking until I found an SXT 8 speed. That's actually what I did when I got mine. Kept looking and waiting, expanding search area until one popped up that fit my criteria.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
If this will be a daily driver grab the newer one with less miles. If this is a secondary family vehicle grab the one with the 8spd trans. :)

Hard to believe my car is worthless already. It's value is plummeting which means I cannot get an R/T or SRT for a LONG time. :( I only have 20k miles too. We take the wife's Jeep mostly for the daily drive (we work together).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts