Charger Forums banner

2012 SXT — clicks and pops when using iPhone via USB

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Mopar RacerX 
#1 ·
With bluetooth, my music plays just fine through my iPhone. But when I connect via USB, which is preferable because it charges the phone while playing and gives me album art and track names on the screen, there is a frequent popping/clicking noise coming through the system. The noise only happens when I use this method. So I know it's not the stereo system itself. I haven't tried a new USB cable yet, but I don't think that would be it. But maybe it is? Any thoughts?

#4 ·
Sounds like that occasional thing where the iPhone's/iPod's processor affects the sound. Sometimes it will do it, sometimes it won't. I think it may have something to do with whether it is charging or not, but I am not entirely sure (probably not this; I haven't really experimented with any other possibilities).

Mine does the same thing when connected to my AV connector. (I have the VES with RCA jacks in the back) When I had an iPhone 3G (slowest processor of iPhones) the sound would change based on what is happening on the screen and in the background. example: Lockscreen-you could hear a ticking with the seconds and a sound every time the "slide to unlock" text glowed.
Newer ones seem to be less noticeable of what it's doing (faster processors), so it's usually a constant sound of buzzing or something.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.