Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all -- I have a 2012 Charger R/T R&T and I've been noticing some control issues a bit of a rougher ride than usual (the R&T is already extremely stiff, and the ride can be tough, especially with the potholes here in Boston) but my mechanic told me that the control arm bushings are separating and that MOPAR, in their infinite wisdom, doesn't allow us to simply replace the bushings. I'm going to be stuck buying a totally new set of control arms and ball joints.

My two questions -- 1. Has anyone else encountered this on such a new car? (2012 with 38,000 miles) and 2. Has anyone tried aftermarket control arms, particularly the Moog ones?

Thanks!

·
Registered
259 Posts
I installed moog parts in my 2010 SXT front end found that they were sturdier than stock and they had zerk fittings on the ball joints. I would use moog parts again plus they were cheaper than oem at dealer. Ordered from rock auto.
The reason had to replace both lower cont arms the boy trashed left front hit curb at 40.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
You have more on your car than my 2010 when my entire control arms had to be replaced at 30k miles. Dodge cars are hard on their front end parts, so I totally believe the bushings need to be replaced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts