Charger Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this is my first post... I just traded in my 2010 chrysler 300 and ordered the 2012 Dodge Charger R/T Road&Track RWD..Its Going on three weeks since I ordered .
Just was woundering if anyone has ordered the same car and how long did it take from ordered to in driveway!.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hey there,
We ordered the car around the same time. The dealer orginally told me 6-8 weeks like they all do, but said it should be closer to 4 weeks. I had a partial vin in less then a week, and D1 status two days later.

Ordered on car 4/2/12.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just ordered my LDDE48/29A this weekend, and it's already showing BX "Available for Schedule" status on the Chrysler Fleet site... maybe we'll be driving our new Hemi Pursuit by Memorial Day?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Funny you mention that..I just saw a new 2012 Charger Pursuit all decked out in our neighboorhood not a hour ago. I wanted to flag the office down to talk to him about the car.
It was pretty bad [email protected]@ if you ask me. Looked real 'tough" as a police car.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
What is a charger persuit? What makes it different from a base R/T?

·
Registered
104 Posts
13 weeks for me.

Hope it goes better for you!

·
Registered
166 Posts
What is a charger persuit? What makes it different from a base R/T?
It's the police model. Differences include:
Column shift. I plan to replace the "mini floor console" with a metal unit from an upfitter.
Lots of heavy duty parts, including "severe duty" engine cooling and what appears to be the oil cooler from the SRT.
Different engine, transmission, ABS and ESC calibrations.
Fewer options. I went as luxurious as I could, which means it has power seats and UConnect Bluetooth (on the 4.3" stereo).
No emblems. If not for the black steel wheels and the spotlight, it would look exactly like a Charger SE.

·
Registered
166 Posts
If you dig in at this link :
https://www.fleet.chrysler.com/v7fl...rGuides/Dodge_Charger_Pursuit_Buyer_Guide.pdf
Looks like the axles are upgraded as well.
I'm sure there are many more items. Without access to the parts "catalog" (I worked as a GM parts counterman back in the days of paper catalogs), it's impossible to know how many components are either from the SRT or Pursuit-only.

On another subject, Chrysler says the order went in Monday, and I already have the full VIN after only two days. Maybe that means it'll be along quickly. As of today, it's in D status. :beerchug:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Mine is done about a week ago just waiting for it to arrive
My Pursuit has been in "Sequenced for Schedule" D1 status for a week, with an "Est Ship" date of Wednesday May 12.
I might see it by next weekend, or early the following week...:banana::locked::rocker:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ordered mine on 4/12. Got an e-m 4/30 that it was "in transit" to my dealer. "Please allow 2 weeks" for the dealer to receive the car. Was told 6-8 weeks when I signed AFTER I had been told 2-3 weeks after the test drive. Guess they don't want us bugging the crap out if the dealers fro delivery info.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
I'm at my 4 and a half week mark currently. I wouldn't have thought twice about it since I was told 6-8 weeks as well but after reading the boards I started expecting it at 4 weeks!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mine ships out tomorrow its at the rail yard with an arrival date of next week . Puts it at about 5 weeks.....If it actaully arrives next week.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'll know by 8 Tuesday morning if mine moved from D1 status into production.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts