Charger Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So basicaly i have a basic 2012 dodge charger r/t i have a k&n intake and a corsa exhaust and its lowered on eibach prokit and sway bars. I do have a diablo trinity t1000 but its not tuned yet. I tried the 0-60 and i got a 5.39 a 5.45 and my best 5.20. And i tried the 1/4 mile and i got 13.76 at 103 and im on street tires. Is it good or bad? Im saving money for long tubes but i want to hit low 13s or high 12s. And get some stickier tires. And ive never gone to a track to race

·
Premium Member
8,796 Posts
Tune, long tubes, drag radials, track seat time.

You can get there!

Check my mods for what got me low thirteens...

·
Registered
441 Posts
So basicaly i have a basic 2012 dodge charger r/t i have a k&n intake and a corsa exhaust and its lowered on eibach prokit and sway bars. I do have a diablo trinity t1000 but its not tuned yet. I tried the 0-60 and i got a 5.39 a 5.45 and my best 5.20. And i tried the 1/4 mile and i got 13.76 at 103 and im on street tires. Is it good or bad?
I don't think long tubes in California will pass visual inspection for smog test.

I have the same car and almost same components and I get almost the exact same numbers you have.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah but u have better gears due to road and track... And I have a basic rt and long tubes won't pass emission for smog but I don't have to worry about smog for next 5 years

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
LEave the car as it sits, and get some drag radials....drop them down to 18psi, give them a nice smokey burn out and then you will see some nice times!!!!

·
Registered
335 Posts
So basicaly i have a basic 2012 dodge charger r/t i have a k&n intake and a corsa exhaust and its lowered on eibach prokit and sway bars. I do have a diablo trinity t1000 but its not tuned yet. I tried the 0-60 and i got a 5.39 a 5.45 and my best 5.20. And i tried the 1/4 mile and i got 13.76 at 103 and im on street tires. Is it good or bad? Im saving money for long tubes but i want to hit low 13s or high 12s. And get some stickier tires. And ive never gone to a track to race
Does your Charger have the 2.56 or 3.06 gears? I kinda wonder the same thing for me except I have a stock. 2013 AWD R/T. I have launched it once up a slight hill and pulled a 5.51 0-60. So maybe 5.40 on a level road. So I am right on the cusp up 13.9's I am thinking since I and running 200 lbs heavier. I just don't know if a stock AWD has tracked it. I plan on dragging it this spring.

·
Registered
9,859 Posts
Set of DR's, lock the converter up and give it hell, it's a auto car so you should be a 60' monster...

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Those look like very good times to me, especially if it's your first time! Those times will hang with the G8, which weighs about the same and has better gearing. The Hemi does have slightly more HP though.

Do you have the 3.06 or 2.65 ratio?

GTO_04

·
Registered
462 Posts
Those look like very good times to me, especially if it's your first time! Those times will hang with the G8, which weighs about the same and has better gearing. The Hemi does have slightly more HP though.

Do you have the 3.06 or 2.65 ratio?

GTO_04
If its the basic rt its the 2.65

Sent from my MB855 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have the 2.65 gears. And yes those are my first times. I want to add long tubes for my birthday in February. And also put some drag radials I'm a nitto fan thought about the nto5 what you guys think? Or you guys reccomnd something else. I have the diablo trinity t1000 what's the proper way to tune the car ? I want to dump my car anyone with an idea what I would be having ?

·
Premium Member
8,796 Posts
I have the 2.65 gears. And yes those are my first times. I want to add long tubes for my birthday in February. And also put some drag radials I'm a nitto fan thought about the nto5 what you guys think? Or you guys reccomnd something else. I have the diablo trinity t1000 what's the proper way to tune the car ? I want to dump my car anyone with an idea what I would be having ?
The NT05 is terrible at the track, street tires stick better.

On the street, the NT05 sticks well.

For the strip, you want the NT05R... big difference from the NT05

·
Registered
335 Posts
Well I did a test run on my 2013 AWD. Just a 0-78 MPH run. I prob could have done better in the 1/8th but I let off the gas before I actually hit it so maybe another 10th. not really sure. I'll be taking it to the track in the spring but in the mean time this will work. This app proved to be pretty accurate for my G8 so this is a decent tool. Anyways 0-60 in 5.3 seconds with 3 car seats a full tank of gas and my 230 lbs. self. Not too shabby. I'll take that for a daily driver. I just want to run 13.7-13.9 at the track in the spring. I would be VERY happy with that. only time will tell.

The Beast
2013 Dodge Charger R/T AWD
Jan 4, 2013, 8:03 AM

Acceleration

0-10 MPH:0.72 sec

0-20 MPH:1.38 sec

0-30 MPH:2.15 sec

0-40 MPH:2.96 sec

0-50 MPH:4.13 sec

0-60 MPH:5.31 sec

0-70 MPH:6.90 sec

Elapsed Time

1/8 mile
8.93 sec @ 77.5 MPH

Max Speed:

77.9 MPH

Max Acceleration:

0.79 G's

·
Registered
40 Posts
That's pretty good brother. You r/t is usually what does it to get in the lower numbers. Running street tires kill you traction. Drop some weight on the car first. Take the seats out, spare tire, and anything else you can think of that you don't need for a straight line. Run skinnies and DRs and buy a new Torque Convertor. Maybe 75 to 100 shot of Nitrous, but switch the K/N CAI to a LMI intake so you have the insert and better quality intake on the whip. Only thing about putting DRs though I highly suggust buying a SLP line lock kit. Don't want to be running DRs on a stock Charger. Will eventually ruin it. No need for a tune until you wanting to get in the 11s. Don't believe me ask the guy who is the fastest Charger R/T in the nation.(9.47) Also could throw in a 180 thermostat. Went from 13.88 to 13.25 with just DRs, LMI, and losing weight, and a touch of Nitrous. Believe around 25 shot. First time using Nitrous. :driving:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts