Charger Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Theoretically I think it should be possible, to what extent and costs would be involved I am unsure, but I don't picture it being much more difficult than the people who have been swapping magnum/charger/300 front's

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Theoretically I think it should be possible, to what extent and costs would be involved I am unsure, but I don't picture it being much more difficult than the people who have been swapping magnum/charger/300 front's
It wouldn't be a direct fit would it?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,070 Posts

I think you would need to change the hood and fenders as well. Who knows how much of a pain that would be to fit up with the doors. and bottom of the A pillars.

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts

Doubtful, it's also from a different frame so like noted you'll probably have to have some work done with your fenders to blend in the front fascia's design. It's similar but it's different enough that you'd have to put some work into it and do some modifications. Not to mention the head lamps are different shape so where the new 2011-14's protrude out around the grille would not match up to our factory lights, the hood also wont blend with the front end so you'd have to modify your hood as well.

Would be cool though! I love the new front ends.

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
I think it would be an exceptional amount of custom body work since you would have to swap the entire front clip and then deal with at least these 6 issues...

1. The back of the hood has a completely different curvature and height due to the shape of the windshield

2. The length of the A-pillar overlap is different

3. The curvature of the door edge is different where it meets the fender

4. There is an indent on the older gen which changes the shape of the door and the protrusion curvature from the body is different

5. The shape and height of the rockers is different and also the total door height to the rocker meaning custom rockers will be needed and the bottom of the fender and bottom of the door won't line up.

6. The radiator support and all of the mounting framework surrounding the engine compartment are completely different which makes even attaching it correctly an entirely custom effort.

Attachments

·
Registered
345 Posts

I think this gives a bit better comparison of the lines as they are at the exact same angle on the side, but your points still apply Ddaddy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts