Charger Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was a nice day almost 60 deg. Sunny no rain or wiper use. I did not use slap shift. I did not spin the wheels. I did not turn off ESP. So why was AWD active? If I shifted to neutral while coasting it would go to RWD but then if I put it back in drive it would switch back to AWD. I stopped and restarted a couple times same result. This happened once a couple months ago but then it fixed itself on my way to the dealership?? This time it may have started a couple days ago when I did a little burn out. Any help would be appreciated. Soon it will be below the low temp threshold all winter here in Maine. So it would be nice to get it straight before winter or I won’t see it again till May.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
No idea... Mine seems to spend alot of time there too... but I don't watch it that much either.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I had this happen months ago, where we had warm weather, then we had a morning cold snap into the 30's (where the AWD turns on) and I drove to work. When I left work it was in the 60's, and it wouldn't come out. I did the same thing, shifted into neutral and it came out but went right back in shifting into gear. Cycling the ignition didn't help either. I went for a bit of a drive (17 mi from Hingham to Marshfield), averaged 30-50 MPH of smooth driving and it eventually disengaged about halfway. Hasn't happened since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.