·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 Pursuit,
2015+ Cluster
2013 RB5 Radio

No issues prior to fuel pump replacement.

Replaced failed fuel pump with a Delphi unit last month. Got this code with the gauge cluster acting weird. Replaced pump under warranty again and made sure electrical connections were snug in place.

Code keeps popping up on second fuel pump.

Do I need to get a factory pump (#300 bucks man!) or can I get a sender unit to swap out?

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
2011 Pursuit,
2015+ Cluster
2013 RB5 Radio

No issues prior to fuel pump replacement.

Replaced failed fuel pump with a Delphi unit last month. Got this code with the gauge cluster acting weird. Replaced pump under warranty again and made sure electrical connections were snug in place.

Code keeps popping up on second fuel pump.

Do I need to get a factory pump (#300 bucks man!) or can I get a sender unit to swap out?
If you have the pump assembly with the working sensing unit, you could theoretically swap them out, but that is a real pain to do.

Also, there was a recall or TSB on the fuel pump wiring harness connectors for the Chargers in the early 2010s (2012 for sure), and it basically reconfigures the wiring in that connector that powers the sensing unit and pump module. I am wondering if you possibly got a fuel pump with the newer (recall) style connector but still have the original config’ed wiring harness connector, causing the DTC you’re getting as a result.

You can test the sensing unit with a multimeter if necessary, but that’s ohms now that I think about it, and the DTC you listed is to do with voltage…

·
Registered
2011 Charger Pursuit
1,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If you have the pump assembly with the working sensing unit, you could theoretically swap them out, but that is a real pain to do.

Also, there was a recall or TSB on the fuel pump wiring harness connectors for the Chargers in the early 2010s (2012 for sure), and it basically reconfigures the wiring in that connector that powers the sensing unit and pump module. I am wondering if you possibly got a fuel pump with the newer (recall) style connector but still have the original config’ed wiring harness connector, causing the DTC you’re getting as a result.

You can test the sensing unit with a multimeter if necessary, but that’s ohms now that I think about it, and the DTC you listed is to do with voltage…
This issue was only intermittent not permanent.

After a few fill ups and drains I have yet to get the code since this post.

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
This issue was only intermittent not permanent.

After a few fill ups and drains I have yet to get the code since this post.
Well that’s good, I suppose…although you’d be surprised at how much fun can be had trying to use a butane soldering iron torch to weld plastic that has been soaking in gasoline.

I will say that the fumes emitted from the burning/melting gasoline-soaked plastic are best avoided though. They won’t kill you or anything, but after a couple lung-fulls of it, don’t be surprised if you can suddenly taste sounds and hear colors… 😵‍💫

1 - 5 of 5 Posts