Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally finished with the widebody for the 2006-10 Chargers, so while those moulds are being processed for production, I finally have time to crank out some new Danko Products!!! The first picture below shows our new 1070 style Charger Grille and Front Spoiler Concept. The grille is already done and we are taking orders (PM me for the info) and now I'm already working on the front spoiler. No need to freek out yet as to how large it is, it is only in the beginning stages and will be cut down and change quite a bit as the project progresses. Here was I've got so far, AS ALWAYS, ALL HONEST FEEDBACK IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
To be honest, It needs to be large to negate the shark nose. What are able to build to negate that is gonna determine if I buy one of the new chargers or not.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To be honest, It needs to be large to negate the shark nose. What are able to build to negate that is gonna determine if I buy one of the new chargers or not.
Yeah I know EXACTLY what you mean!! The bottom nose angles upward and I DON'T want to make a spoiler that does exactly the opposite and creates Lift instead of pushing down on the car (like some I've seen...LOL) Seems like Dodge purposely designed the car to make it hard to make a good spoiler for it. Don't worry, no shark nose for me, we will come up with one that will really work at high speeds and make it look good too.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Yes I thought the same..But after my KW coilover drop to the ground, my installer aka buddy and I both say that shark nose is for whatever reason toned done visually. :D Not sure why, but I guess being closer to the ground deflects the front end shark nose look!

·
Registered
881 Posts
this looks excatly like the 1st gen charger lip
which is awesome cause i have one hhehe

but how about something like the redline charger lip spoiler.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I thought the same..But after my KW coilover drop to the ground, my installer aka buddy and I both say that shark nose is for whatever reason toned done visually. :D Not sure why, but I guess being closer to the ground deflects the front end shark nose look!
Well thats because you can see the bottom of the shark now silly!

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this looks excatly like the 1st gen charger lip
which is awesome cause i have one hhehe

but how about something like the redline charger lip spoiler.
Sorry but I really don't care for that one... someone else will have to do it I guess.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
This is an awesome design... I have your Danko lip Mo, I can't wait to paint it and install it either.

I noticed with the srt and 2011+ spoilers you have them wrap around the front bumper while with the spoiler you made for the first gen non srt fascia it doesn't wrap around the bumper... why is that? Is it because the front fascia on the non srt's is really round and bulgy and it's not squared off? I'm just curious :)

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Nice work, Mo.

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is an awesome design... I have your Danko lip Mo, I can't wait to paint it and install it either.

I noticed with the srt and 2011+ spoilers you have them wrap around the front bumper while with the spoiler you made for the first gen non srt fascia it doesn't wrap around the bumper... why is that? Is it because the front fascia on the non srt's is really round and bulgy and it's not squared off? I'm just curious :)
dunno :/ thats just how it came out....lol they can't all look the same can they?

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update: Got the spoiler whittled down a little and straightened out before fiberglassing the top and bottom side. The spoiler will grow a little bigger once the bondo is added. This one is gonna look similar to the 06-10 SRT charger spoiler and I have a premonition that it will be used alot with splitter support brackets kinda like the last 2 pictures. Any comments??

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^Mo this is going to be bada$$! And splitters will be fine with me even!
The splitter supports of course would be optoinal but I'm diggin them myself!

·
Premium Member
5,531 Posts

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
17,444 Posts
1 - 20 of 114 Posts