Charger Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 62K miles on my 2011 Charger (V6). A couple days ago my check engine light came on and I used my Diablo Sport InTune DCX to figure out it was a misfire on the 4th cylinder. I took it in to an independent shop, to confirm this was the trouble code I received. When the shop went to order the parts, they learned the coils are on back order. The shop was told the wait time could be up to February. I didn't believe them, so I called 2 dealerships in my area and confirmed the coils are heavily on back order. One of the service advisers seemed hesitant when I asked him if this is common for a car with only 62K miles. The only thing I could get him to say is, "Well it happens."

I'm no mechanic, but I since there could be a malfunction and wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem and should this just be dismissed by me.:confused:

·
Registered
909 Posts
First I'm hearing of this... I hope mine don't go bad.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Could be a problem only with the 3.6l pentastar..:cool:

·
Registered
626 Posts
Cylinder #4 Misfire??? Most common issue on the 3.6L Pentastar is a left cylinder head, not a coil. Extremely common, cause is valves not rotating and carboning up around one side of the seats. Happens 90% of the time on the left cylinder head with Cylinders 2, 4, and 6, though we've seen a rare few come through with Cylinders 1, 3, and 5 skipping and needing the right cylinder head.

·
Registered
148 Posts
when my '11 was brand friggin new i got two random misfire codes on it. Both times the dealer said they couldn't pull the code. Have not had a problem with it in over a year....

·
Premium Member
8,140 Posts
on back order doesn't always mean its an item that is being replaced a lot. sometimes its due to suppliers. Coils can go bad, not often but it does happen. I wouldn't be overly concerned at this point

·
Registered
81 Posts
when my '11 was brand friggin new i got two random misfire codes on it. Both times the dealer said they couldn't pull the code. Have not had a problem with it in over a year....
About a year after my '11 R/T, two of my spark plugs decided to commit suicide. The dealer couldn't pull the codes, but there was obviously a problem. They wound up pulling the spark plugs to find out two of them were burnt to a crisp. :clap:

Just passed 42,020 miles today. Holding strong in the snow. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts