Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I was wondering if I can simply bolt on a hellcat diff into my 2011 rt diff? Or what will I need? Or what can I buy that’s A LSD ?

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
No you cannot. First, you can't bolt on a diff into a diff (that doesn't even make sense). Rear cradle and diff design were changed for 2015. You could swap the whole cradle assembly with a Hellcat diff, but then you'd need a custom driveshaft. What you can do far more easily is bolt in a Getrag from a 2012-14 SRT. They come in three flavors, 3.06, 3.73 and 3.92. Are you looking to do this for the mechanical LSD, ratio change; what's the goal here?

·
Registered
2013 R/T
1,787 Posts
I'm curious, one has a 3.06 open and swaps in a 3.06 LSD would he want or need to disable traction control to reap all the benefits? Or would traction control see no slip and not interfere?

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
It would run better because the LSD would help prevent wheelspin which means the traction control would not apply the rear brakes or reduce throttle to the extent that it would with an open differential.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
I'm curious, one has a 3.06 open and swaps in a 3.06 LSD would he want or need to disable traction control to reap all the benefits? Or would traction control see no slip and not interfere?
Less likely to detect any slippage with both tires providing traction unless you intend to spin them while the car isn't moving lol. I can tell you that once you start a burnout with a Getrag and the TC on it doesn't last long lol. Slippage is slippage, no matter if it's one wheel or both.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts