Charger Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new at this so hopefully I'm doing this right, I'm looking to get aftermarket LEDs on my car and I've seen mixed reviews on many of them and I'm wondering Wich would be the best? I know some don't have DRLs Wich would deter me from buying. If anyone has any tips or information on this I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
2013 Charger SXT PLUS
19 Posts
I have the Spider version, I love them but couple of things to be aware of.
installing - have to remove front bumper cover (had to take mine off and on a few times trying to aim lights and change bulbs) Stay away from HIDs they burn out too easily.
LED turn signals - I love the how bright and the way my signals look but I have been living with bulb out messages on my dash since I installed them. Get bulbs with resistors built in.
aiming - they don't have adjustments to aim them, I used plasitc spacers on bottom bolts to shim and aim them up a bit.
leaking - mine got heavy moisture inside, I took them out and ran silicone bead around all of the outer seams and it seems to have fixed that (wish I did it before I installed them)
I installed mine in 2013, so hopefully the ones sold now are improved.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I actually looked at those and like the look, do they work well without issues? And do you have a link to where you got them from?

Also Ive heard that they don't work as daytime running lights?

·
Registered
2013 Charger SXT PLUS
19 Posts
pretty sure I got them from carid.com
but as long as you find Spyder brand they should be good.
I think you can set them as running lights with Tazer (plug in programmer), but all parking lights would be on with them.

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Charger SXT AWD
200 Posts
pretty sure I got them from carid.com
but as long as you find Spyder brand they should be good.
I think you can set them as running lights with Tazer (plug in programmer), but all parking lights would be on with them.
Just an FYI I have the Spyder bottom half halos and the lenses are starting for form little cracks in them a couple years later. I'd recommend getting some good UV protection on the lenses. From reading around they don't seem to stand by their products either. I tried contacting them and got no response.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just posted a tutorial on how I upgraded to HID headlights. The same would work to upgrade to LED headlights as well, with you just buying a LED upgrade kit instead of the HID one that I did. Hopefully it helps!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Agree with pretty much everything RobFab said.. To add, they will eventually yellow and LEDs in them will have issues. Don't sell the OEM ones. I got 5-6 years out of my first pair of Spyders for my 2010. The new Spyder pair I'm on now have actually have bolts accessible from the rear to separate the bracket from the headlight. So if I need to replace the headlights again, I won't have to pull the fascia again. I went LED because HIDs are just not reliable. I'm going on 1 year for headlights and fogs. The most I got out of HID was 7 months before one stopped working for some reason. Also any time you change bulbs, check the alignment so you don't blind people.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I don't have any input on the headlights as I am still running stock HID's and have had no problems. I have been looking at LEDs for the highbeams though as the stock halogen highbeam just isn't useful along with my HIDs. I find myself rarely using highbeams.

Just did some light research to see whats involved in running the highbeam LEDs as daytime running lights and according to this site (https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Convert-High-Beam-DRL-to-LED-Lights/) its plug and play for the dodge charger. Might just give it a shot unless someone else can confirm that this is false.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts