Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my situation, I've got a 2010 SXT AWD with a bad rear passenger wheel hub.

Car has gold warranty, dealers can't get the hub until monday. I am doing a 3000km trip leaving friday morning. Chrysler won't give me a vehicle for this time.

Chrysler is unwilling to give me a loaner vehicle due to the distance I'll be travelling and the fact that I will be gone for almost 3 weeks.

Chrysler will not cover the cost nor installtion of a Hub that is not a manufacturer product, they can't have the car done until monday at best thursday at work.

I went and bought a Moog replacement for $179, and am planning to do it myself in the morning. Paying $200 and doing the work myself while the car is under warranty, thanks Chrysler.

I understand the AWD hubs are different than the RWD hubs, can anyone tell me what's different in the removal? Is this something a guy can do in the driveway with a socket set, pipe and hammer? It was on my '97 Sunfire, but these different AWD hubs are interesting to hear about.

This has got to be done by friday, do I risk driving 3000km on a bad hub and let them handle it while I'm home? I'd much rather return the hub I bought and actually use my warranty.

Or do I suck it up and pay the money and try and get it done?

I couldn't find any how to pics / videos on the AWD cars so I'm a wee bit scared I won't get it off.

Let me know your thoughts guys.

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
It seems that the main issue is bad timing for you. Not that there is a good time for any part failure or mechanical breakdown, but I don't think you can blame Chrysler for not giving you a rental car to go as far as you're going and keep it for 3 weeks.

If you want to take your Charger, I think you're going to have to bite the bullet, pay for the part, and do the repair yourself.

I don't blame them for not covering the cost or installation of a hub that is not a manufacturer product. The part may be just as good, or even better, but they have no control over any aspect of such a part, warranty of said part, not to mention the potential liability they might have for putting on such a part.

Sorry for the bad hub... I hope you can get it replaced quickly and easily yourself.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't blame them for not covering the cost or installation of a hub that is not a manufacturer product. The part may be just as good, or even better, but they have no control over any aspect of such a part, warranty of said part, not to mention the potential liability they might have for putting on such a part.

Sorry for the bad hub... I hope you can get it replaced quickly and easily yourself.
While I understand why they wouldn't cover the cost of the actual hub they could have at the very least installed it free of cost. The only reason I'm buying one is because they're too slow.

I don't understand first how they don't even have a hub in stock, I would have even accepted one pulled from another car either in storage or on lot.. They could order the part and put it back on that car instead..

What irks me I guess is the fact that there are no manufacturer hubs in my entire province. The one the dealer wanted to order was only 2 hours from my destination to add a little comedy to it.

Wouldn't really cost them much money at all to "be the bigger man" and say sorry for the failure, and sorry for not being able to keep any stock of parts even though it's a major dealer/service shop. I know dealers will have multiple cars registered they used to get around and get stuff done. I've also rented a car from a dealer by doing a debit transaction and getting a hand written receipt. What I'm saying is, they could and should in my opinion, have done something for me. Maybe not because they have to, but because it's good service and would easily make me a happy and return customer both at that dealership and with Chrysler.

Hiding behind your contracts and fine print, ignoring the fact that they can't do a simple repair in a timely manner doesn't exactly help me feel great about the company.

Either way, I'll be doing this in the driveway in the morning, is there anything I need to know about these splined hubs? Last set I did had 3 bolts and popped off with a hammer...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts