Charger Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Okay thanks ill try that, check timing belt
If you are going to do the timing belt yourself (as opposed to taking it somewhere and paying them to do it), check out this write up I did over on ChallengerTalk:
3.5L Timing Belt & Water Pump Replacement

The service itself isn't terribly difficult, but there are some gotchas that I make note of that will save time if you know about them ahead of time.

Reactions: CtCarl

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
If you are going to do the timing belt yourself (as opposed to taking it somewhere and paying them to do it), check out this write up I did over on ChallengerTalk:
3.5L Timing Belt & Water Pump Replacement

The service itself isn't terribly difficult, but there are some gotchas that I make note of that will save time if you know about them ahead of time.
Okay thanks im jus going to haul it into a shop to have it fix.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Okay thanks im jus going to haul it into a shop to have it fix.
Probably the best approach for this particular service if you have never done it before. I am all about learning through trial & error, but when it comes the timing belt stuff, it's pretty easy to cause significant damage if too much 'error' occurs while doing the the 'trial' part.

I ended up having to do mine twice basically because I didn't realize the act of engaging the tensioner on the timing belt would retard both cams 1 degree from their setup position. I spent the whole day getting those cams timed to the perfect position before putting everything back together, only to find I had to do it all again because it ended up 1 degree back due to install itself. 🤬🤬🤬

·
Registered
5 Posts
I replaced the crankshaft position sensor, any idea why my car is having hard time starting? Need help
Looks like its been about a month, but did you get it figured out? You did the crank shaft position sensor, did you do the cam shaft position sensor? But those codes make it seem like something deeper huh? Timing belt is at 102k miles. Hope it's back on the road though!

Side note, I have the same year and I'm the original owner so I'm somewhat familiar with that year's repairs, although I'm at 120k miles. PCV valve is something that is overlooked on the maintenance schedule. I only just recently realized it when I was going over all my maintenance and making sure I haven't missed anything or what is coming up. Our intake manifolds are a pain to take off so I'd change it at the same time as doing your spark plugs/ignition coils or any other reason you take off the intake manifold.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts