Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the crankshaft position sensor, any idea why my car is having hard time starting? Need help

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Have you scanned for codes?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It continues to crank then shuts off, recently change the fuel pump 3 hours ago

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
How many miles on the vehicle?

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
191,231 miles
When was the last time the spark plugs were changed? The OE ones are 100K mile plugs, and if they were changed at 100K, they are due to be changed again.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
If you can clear all the codes, do that and then try to start it. If the P0335 pops up again, the replacement crank sensor could be bad. It’s not common for them to be bad out if the box, but it happens, especially if they are aftermarket instead of OEM.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you can clear all the codes, do that and then try to start it. If the P0335 pops up again, the replacement crank sensor could be bad. It’s not common for them to be bad out if the box, but it happens, especially if they are aftermarket instead of OEM.
Okay, question could the timing belt be a problem to?

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Okay, question could the timing belt be a problem to?
It could be. I forget the service interval of the timing belt and tensioner, but I believe it’s around 100K miles. If that is the original timing belt and tensioner on the engine, it is possible the tensioner has failed or the belt has slipped to throw the timing off enough to prevent starting of the engine.

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
IIRC the timing belt tensioner is the item most likely to fail first in that whole timing belt setup. It is possible to replace it and retime the engine, but since the timing belt and water pump are also uncovered to get to get to the tensioner, there is no reason not to replace them as well if inspecting the timing belt tensioner.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
IIRC the timing belt tensioner is the item most likely to fail first in that whole timing belt setup. It is possible to replace it and retime the engine, but since the timing belt and water pump are also uncovered to get to get to the tensioner, there is no reason not to replace them as well if inspecting the timing belt tensioner.
Okay thanks ill try that, check timing belt

·
Registered
422 Posts
If I recall correctly the manual listed 175,000km for timing / tensioner. There is an updated tensioner that needs to be installed. I think the timing cover was a 3 piece ordeal and yes since you're opening it all up you're going to save time doing the waterpump while you're in there.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts