Charger Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my new 2010 SRT8

I really like all of the features including the HP!!

My manaul says it has an "express window" feature in that you can roll the windows down remotely with the Key FOB by:

Pressing unlock and them immediately pressing and holding unlock again and the windows should roll down (front only)

I can't seem to get mine to work, there must be a trick

Anyone have any clues ??
Maybe this feature is not in my car, but the car came with every available option including remote start and the manual is bang on with everything else

Thanks

zip

·
Registered
571 Posts
Uh.. I'm not too sure but from other cars I've had, the windows wouldn't go DOWN automatically, they would go UP.

That way if they are down when you get to your destination. Who cares about sitting and waiting in the car, just get out, lock the doors, and hold lock and the windows will go up automatically.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Are you holding the button long enough? Maybe it's a setting you have to activate via evic. My Titan does this and you have press + hold.

It's a really great feature, i think...but here is a quick story how it can cause probs:

One afternoon i pulled into a bank to get at an ATM. It was pouring! and i typically drive with my Dog in the backseat. Well i foolishly leave the key FOB on the center console and run up to the ATM - as i am hurrying back to the truck i see the lights flash and hear the door click - My dog had stepped on the precise button that locks the door. He had locked himself in!! I was freaking out on how long until i could get someone to me with a spare key before he hyperventilates. 10 minutes pass and i am standing under the ATM out of the rain, notice the windows start rolling down...he must have put his paw on the unlock button and kept it there. I ran to the truck. Crazy Luck!

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
First thing to check, is your express up and down set?
If not it won't work

To set, lower the window holding the down window button until the widow is down and continue to hold for 2 seconds more.
Then raise the window, again holding the button and one to the top, continue to hold for 2 more seconds.
Repeat for the other front window

This tells the Window controller where "UP" and "Down" are.

Then see if the key flob thing works

If the battery was disconnected the express up and down are cleared (often not set on a new car)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks SVR
I will give that a try
come to think of it, I haven't really rolled the windows all the way since i had them tinted
i had to let them dry for a couple of days

I will try and let you know

zippy

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok tried "resetting" or teaching as described

Still can't get the damn things to go down with the Key FOB
must be a misprint in the manual for 2010

zipy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts