Charger Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2010 sxt charger with halogen lights. I want to get a HID kit but don't know which kit to buy or what I need exactly. I've been checking out the morimoto from theretrosource.com and a lot of people have also said they like the ddm kit (a lot of complaints as well though) I am also looking into upgrading my headlights and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions i am not really interested in going the oem route and would rather buy replicas but having a difficult time finding a pair.

· Registered
3,274 Posts
Don't put HIDs in a halogen housing. You'll just piss off and blind other drivers.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, thats what i meant by also wanting to upgrade my headlights.. i meant the housing i kinda worded it weird. I'm Hoping someone has a good link to a set of replica projectors or a good set of aftermarkets

· Registered
3,274 Posts

· Registered
3,274 Posts
Sent two PMs but they are blocked bc they arent from here. Google this " how-to-oem-projector-hid-build "

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
See i didnt really wanna have to make that harness that other threads say i have to fabricate myself.. thought itd be a little easier just going w aftermarket housing ya know? & do u have a recommendation on which kit to go with?& what exactly i need

· Registered
3,274 Posts
You'd need an aftermarket HID kit regardless. So that harness you speak of would have to be there. I never had any issues with morimoto.

· Registered
3,274 Posts
Okay, so all i need then is: those headlights
Hid kit that has ece's? Is a ds1 kit or 9006
The projectors from 1aauto use a d1s bulb. Like I said, don't put HIDs in the non-projector housings.

· Registered
356 Posts
I have a 2010 SXT and I'm completely happy with https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0176FAVLE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. They fire quick and seem to be pretty reliable. Anything you buy must be CANBUS. I've messed with cancelers and harnesses and they never worked well.

Just like others have said, you need a projector housing. Cheapest way to do it is to buy replacement headlights. I have a pair by Spyder that work decent enough. In order to replace the headlights you have to remove the front fascia though. See YouTube.

· Registered
356 Posts
Thanks for the link! Plus info ab the kit i need! & what do your spyders look like?
Mine has LEDs under projectors and LED halos. They make many different types so a lot is a matter of personal preference. If I were to buy another set, I'd go to the CCFL halos so they would be brighter in the daytime.

• black or chrome
  • LEDs under or above projectors
  • Halo, LED or CCFL

Also:

Don't buy the HID kit until you get the projectors. The aftermarket projectors range in bulb size. Some use 9006 while others are H1; etc.

If you're considering replacing the grill, do so while you have the fascia off. It's much easier. I got mine off Ebay for $50. I glued a '68 Charger badge on it.

Attachments

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey I know this is a old post but while i was searching for my hid kit and stuff i hated when the op didnt tell everyone else which choice he made. I went with a set of phillips fanless LED headlights instead of the HID since it was more wallet friendly.

· Registered
3,274 Posts
Ya got pics?

· Registered
3,274 Posts
Try again lol it just says IMG_1249

· Registered
3,274 Posts
Looks good man.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.