Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Dodge Charger SXT
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Keep in mind my charger does have 214,000+ miles. Oil is checked and always around lower max to mid.
1) I got my charger from a friend back in June 2020 and he said the stalled start has always happened to him for around 2 years. It does seem to help with full tank of gas and if the car is still warm from only being idle for 10-15 min, it almost never stalls. It has stalled & not stalled in 80 degree and 30 degree weather both with full and near empty tank and it is still a hit or miss. I've tried leaving the ignition on for 5-10 sec before starting the car and again warm/ cold, empty/ full tank, it still stalls and sometimes it doesn't.

So far the only thing that I have tried from reading some other forums here is to put in some fuel system cleaner. So I bought some Chevron Techron Fuel System Cleaner 12oz at advanced auto and put it in when empty and before fueling. It didn't stall at all until I was getting near empty again and then it went back to stalling. I've thought about getting some more just to see if more would help but I thought I'd ask here for any other suggestions.

2) All interior lights work just fine the passenger door turns the lights off, however the driver door neither automatically locks/unlocks nor automatically turns the interior lights on when the door is opened. I'm assuming this may just be a faulty wire that needs replaced or fixed but again I'd figure I'd ask for any simple suggestions.

3) Key fob does start the car but that's it. None of the buttons work. The previous owner, that owned it before my friend, bought another key and I suppose he didn't program it as it doesn't even start the car. With the old fob, I've tried doing the default programming of turning it on for the little red dot to appear and then switching to the new and it does not work as I've tried multiple times. I didn't really expect that to work either as the new key itself is still default and still needs to be cut.

4) Lastly, the dash lights symbols do not all work. The symbols all under the RPM dash do not work at all. Everything else does. Not a major deal for me but my friend did say he changed the fuse for it and it didn't change anything.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Check the following website to see if there's any outstanding recall notices for the car. There were some fuel tank recalls due to stalling but I don't remember which model years.
Official Mopar Site | Service, Parts, Accessories & More

Plug a scanner into the car's OBD2 port (located under the dash next to the parking brake pedal). See if any diagnostic codes have been logged. You will need to use a scanner that can read all codes (not just Pxxxx powertrain codes) because electrical problems will be Bxxxx body codes or Uxxxx communication codes.

·
Registered
2020 Scat Pack Plus Pitch Black
964 Posts
I'm feeling like you blew a fuse or 3 but also totally agree with the above suggestion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts