Charger Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so car shut down and would start back up .. so I replaced the plugs, coils, pcv valve, altenator, map sensor, IAT sensor, new battery, new electronic throttle body, new egr valve seal ( that end that goes into the intake manifold) and new fuel pump.. not the sender unit the driver side pump. and still rough idles and eventually stalls.. all the codes went away. I do all my own work.. sometime the shift selection screen on cluster appears sometimes but most time don't.. let me know what you guys think it might be.

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
CG:
You have thrown a bunch of parts in there, with no improvement it seems. Hopefully, the battery was one of the first things you did. How many miles on it, and how long have you owned it? What do you know about it's service history?

Don

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the car since feb.. 265000kms don't know anything from previous own except full custom exhaust and air raid intake.. and winter studded tire.. I also did a transmission flush..and upper rad hose housing.. I changed the altenator first.. cuz had low voltage code to fuel pumps.. than changed the altenator and the gear selection on the custer disappeared drove 10 kms and it shut down when I slowed down.. brakes barely worked as I was coming off the highway.... tried starting it back up.. and tried rev in neutral than slamming in drive kept shutting off.. so my car had the built in reader.. I did that and showed coils.. so replaced them and new plugs.. for each cylender.still same so than replaced battery and throttle body and pcv and map and IAT sensor.. same than changed out the main fuel pump.. these are all brand new parts. Just frustrating me..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the car since feb.. 265000kms don't know anything from previous own except full custom exhaust and air raid intake.. and winter studded tire.. I also did a transmission flush..and upper rad hose housing.. I changed the altenator first.. cuz had low voltage code to fuel pumps.. than changed the altenator and the gear selection on the custer disappeared drove 10 kms and it shut down when I slowed down.. brakes barely worked as I was coming off the highway.... tried starting it back up.. and tried rev in neutral than slamming in drive kept shutting off.. so my car had the built in reader.. I did that and showed coils.. so replaced them and new plugs.. for each cylender.still same so than replaced battery and throttle body and pcv and map and IAT sensor.. same than changed out the main fuel pump.. these are all brand new parts. Just frustrating me..
In the process .. metal flakes came out the exhaust pipe.. think the cat.. and she smokes like it still misfires.. and stutters.. made new battery dead and took 3 days to charge.. with my genius 750 smart charger.. and still.. some time it seems to even idle than change back.. chopping and 02 sensor code appeared than went away now no code shows on car or my obd 2 reader.. it showed misfire on 2 or more..cuz originally bought 4 new coils.. than I figure at least 2 were ok .. but didn't happen than replaced the last 2

·
Registered
4,831 Posts
Have you verified that you have good compression in all the cylinders?

People flog the bejeezus out of the 2.7L cars because it's clearly not enough power or torque for such a heavy car.

Best,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts