Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For 2010 the will be no more Daytona Chargers, the only one to come with the VT motor and 3.06 rear, but will have a track pak option ($400.oo same as Daytona upgrade) available on the r/t R package. This will be the same upgrades that take the 2009 road and track to a Daytona package.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Bad move IMO!
Explain? Do you mean about the limited production numbers. If so, I kinda agree, but anyone now can customize it to make it feel like a limited production number.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
The "Daytona" package had an Allure...like you said, anyone can customize an RT R&T.
Hold on to your Daytona's guys n gals...They just became more collectable.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
The "Daytona" package had an Allure...like you said, anyone can customize an RT R&T.
Hold on to your Daytona's guys n gals...They just became more collectable.
I agree but with Rider...anyone can add those decals.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I just don't like the idea of not being able to get a true, numbered, original color "Daytona". Just my view.:beerchug:

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
At least it's a good move for the R/T R&T.

·
Premium Member
3,965 Posts
For 2010 the will be no more Daytona Chargers, the only one to come with the VT motor and 3.06 rear, but will have a track pak option ($400.oo same as Daytona upgrade) available on the r/t R package. This will be the same upgrades that take the 2009 road and track to a Daytona package.
No compredez. R/T R&T is a Daytona minus decals and limited number badges (basically). I understand Track Pack to be the new name for R&T. If TP is as you say an option that in 2009 takes an R&T to Daytona trim then... in 2010 what else can it be? The difference is the decal application, so if you can't have them how can you have them. Or something. I'm sorry. I just can't parse the last part of what you're telling me into English. Please help. I'm sure it's just me being thick.

·
Registered
716 Posts
No compredez. R/T R&T is a Daytona minus decals and limited number badges (basically). I understand Track Pack to be the new name for R&T. If TP is as you say an option that in 2009 takes an R&T to Daytona trim then... in 2010 what else can it be? The difference is the decal application, so if you can't have them how can you have them. Or something. I'm sorry. I just can't parse the last part of what you're telling me into English. Please help. I'm sure it's just me being thick.
All it has from the 09 daytona is the 3.06 gears, everything else like the z rated tires and high perf. suspension was never offered on an r/t. Its a $400 option added to the r&t.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
but isnt that better if u think about it?? only 4 years of daytonas, so that makes them even more rare and limited

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
they better, im waitin on a Sublime Chally!:D
2010..Special Edition chally SRT...Detonator Yellow.....07 Super Bees, watch out!!;)

·
Registered
285 Posts
but isnt that better if u think about it?? only 4 years of daytonas, so that makes them even more rare and limited
Plus dont forget about all the Daytona's that were wrecked or had their decals removed, or had SRT-8 hoods added by their owners. That just made that Daytona that was kept in pretty much it's original condition, even more rare and limited.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
uuuuu interesting!

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Plus dont forget about all the Daytona's that were wrecked or had their decals removed, or had SRT-8 hoods added by their owners. That just made that Daytona that was kept in pretty much it's original condition, even more rare and limited.
youre not lying! :clap:

·
Registered
285 Posts
I forgot where I read this but awhile back, maybe a year or so ago, I was messing around online and came across something interesting. It was an article about the 2006 Daytona's and how 4000 were made in the USA. It went on to say that so many people were wrecking these cars because the people driving them were driving them as if they were SRT-8's because they couldn't afford an SRT-8 and they were wrecking them. In the article, it was guessed that out of the 4000 that were built, only about 2000-2500 were left un-wrecked and damaged (the word damage being used as kept in original condition).

·
Premium Member
17,450 Posts
Here we go again! Mopar history repeats itself! Just like '66-'73. Keep switching up the options and body graphics packages and let history sort out what's rare and what's truly valuable!

It's what made me a Mopar nut in the first place and no surprise they're doing it again!

An example is 1971 when there were only 7 'Cudas made with the 440 Six-Pak, 7000 with 440 4-BBL and God knows how many others with other options (I think the 426 Hemi ones were special order only by then).

Gotta love Mopar!:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
5,466 Posts
I think thats the same as the Road &Track package susp..I don't think they would put the same SRT susp. on an R/T

1 - 20 of 115 Posts