Charger Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was driving and my battery light came on which is never happened battery is only a year old then the abs the esp traction control all came on and then went off except the battery light stayed on... and then the other lights came back on then off and repeated 5 times so I pulled over to check the battery for corrosion and like a dummy left the key in the ignition in off position so I jiggled the connectors on battery and when I got back into car the key fob was stuck in ignition and I had no power to my car and all I cldnt even pop the trunk back open to get back to the battery with the fob or botton inside car... so I wiggled the key out so I didn’t have to leave it in there (I wasn’t home ) but the car was fine up untill 5 min b4 the lights started going nuts and then the key locked in the ignition..... any suggestions on what may be wrong ? Battery is only a year old so I feel like it should be that

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
O ok thank you so much man .... so you think imma need a tow or you think I cld jump it long enough to make it A mile to the garage I go to ?

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
If you leave the starting vehicle hooked up a good 15 min, you should be able to make it a mile. With lights on though, it will go down quickly. I would check battery and alternator. New does not mean it can't go bad.

Don

·
Registered
17 Posts
Definitely the alternator. If it were me I would pull into the closet parking lot, drive it onto some ramps and change the alternator. It’s only 3 bolts and they are fairly easy to get to on the 3.5. Especially the bottom two.

·
Registered
260 Posts
If that was the case there would be no power steering assist. Valid idea though. Did you loose power steering?
There's a bit of missing or unclear information from him that made me consider that. He hasn't clearly said if it's been driven in this state just mentioning the lights. If he's doing this in the garage without looking under the hood or driving it, the belt might be missed.

Learned this one myself on an old Sunfire.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts