Charger Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question about my taillights that I'm hoping someone can provide some insight towards. I purchased the sequential tail light harnesses from Web Electric Products about 4 years ago now. Recently, I discovered that while my left set of tail lights still function properly, the right set do not. The inner bulb will only illuminate when the car lights are turned on, no other time, including when the turn signal is on or when the brakes are applied. So whenever I put on the brakes, the two left lamps and the one right illuminate. And like I said, it comes on fine when the lights are turned on so the bulb is not blown. I assumed it was because of the harness causing a malfunction but even after completely removing them and reconnecting all of the original sockets, the issue still remains. Another thing I found odd is that even though the sequential harnesses are removed, the left two lamps still flash together when the turn signal is on when originally I know that only the outside lamps are supposed to flash during that sequence. Do you have any suggestions? I'm afraid that I'm going to get pulled over soon because a cop is going to incorrectly assume that one of my taillights is out when in reality, I have one too many on!

Edit: I can take a video of issue if my description was way too confusing.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sounds like one of the filaments is blown. It is a multi filament bulb. If it lights for the tail light but not the brake and turn signal, then only one filament is working, change the bulb.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts