Charger Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My vehicle is a 2010 Dodge Charger R/T AWD 5.7L HEMI.

Background:
I got my car last October, and my Intune around January. I had been able to flash with no issues, and it made me fall in love with my Dodge all over again. This spring, I needed to bring the car in to the dealer for a minor repair (existing before I ever flashed, BTW) before my powertrain warranty ran out, so I flashed back to stock. For whatever reason, instead of the solenoid the car needed, Chrysler's computer told them to put in a remanufactured torque converter, and the one they put in was either bad or wrong because it smoked my tranny. I got my first replacement tranny, and after a few hundred miles, I flashed my tune. As you all probably know, the 09-10+ Chargers run normally in RWD mode, and only send power to the front when needed (ambient temps below 38*ish, wipers on for more than a minute or two, using the AutoStick, disabling traction control, and of course when it detects wheel slippage). So I thought it was odd that my car was stuck in AWD mode and wouldn't go into RWD even though none of the AWD triggers existed, however I thought it was possibly due to them putting in a new TCM with the tranny. I disconnected the battery cables for a couple hours, hooked them back up, and it was back to normal operation. The tranny wound up having issues however, so I had to flash back to stock of course.

Last week, my second reman tranny was put in. I again drove for a few hundred miles, and this one is perfect. It has no issues, and the 2WD/AWD switch works as designed. After a few hundred miles, I again decided to flash. Upon hooking up my Intune, it told me that my vehicle needed a calibration update. It had done this the last time, however not in the beginning when I first started flashing my car. I hooked it up to my PC, did the update on the device, and then proceeded to flash my car. Again, the car was stuck in AWD when there was no reason for it to be, and I can't get it to 2WD. I tried disconnecting the battery for a couple hours, and still no luck. So I then flashed back to stock. Still in AWD. I left the battery cables off over night- STILL in AWD mode!!

I really can't afford to bring the car in to my dealer to have them look at it, but I also don't want my car to be stuck in AWD mode. It uses more fuel, plus more wear on parts that would normally not be in use constantly. Plus it just bothers the heck out of me that after months of being without my car and it having all these problems, I got it back PERFECT, and had to screw it up by flashing it. I kinda feel like that 'calibration update' is the root of this issue, since that had to be done both times that the car would get stuck in AWD. I have posted in the DiabloSport forums, but I just feel like because their device supports so many vehicles, their forum support people won't have the specialized knowledge of how our cars work. So I apologize if this was long, but I figured the more details the better so I really hope someone can help me shed some light on this!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
UPDATE: For the benefit of anyone else with this issue, it appears there never actually was one. I'm just paranoid and didn't drive the car long enough. On my way home from work today, it kicked into RWD. So when I got home, I flashed my tune again, and it of course stayed in AWD. But once I drove for a few miles, it allowed RWD and all is well.

It is also very likely that back in January it did the same thing, however because it was actually cold then, I never realized it because the vehicle was supposed to be in AWD. So if you're paranoid like me, just drive for a few miles before you get worried. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts