Charger Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coming soon........:eek: PVOMan has from time-to-time refer too other LX vehicles and one in particular is the Coupe. He has also talked about this on Autoweek after a fiery firestorm abrubted over some FORD/HONDA posters blasted design work on several of LX platform cars. :D

Then, a few designers left (under suspicious circumstances) from both studios. :confused:

Now that the Charger SRT-8 is out, along with the Police sedan, it is time to look now for the next variant that is going to be the bombshell for those who love muscle coupe cars. :cool:

(Found by Dan Minik-Allpar) Now, a couple of 'interesting' quotes from Trevor, written by John Peter:

...A sporty-looking sedan for Dodge was always in the plan. The concept came from a two-door model that was done in Chrysler's West Coast studio as part of a summer project. "We really liked it, so we said 'let's take that and make that into a four-door sedan,' and that's how the Charger was born." "And yeah, there's more to come," Creed adds. "It's an incredibly flexible platform"

This will be a homerun hitter against the next gen Camaro and the Mustang!

Post your desires, whims, or how do you really feel. They are watching!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Ok, DC if you are watching,

Have these two available options...

1. Putting a nose cap on the daytona and a modern interpretation (shorter version) back wing.

2. Have a choice of 2 or 3 vintage decal patterns options to put on the daytona. This way the consumer could look at the 2 or 3 available options and pick the one they like best.

There it is DC, I am possitive about option 2 (great, fun and personal)
option 1 only if you could get it to look hot!

Now ;) Don't forget!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dc if you are watching...

Please do NOT go the Retro route in the overall style of the car, retro touches like the gas filler and emblems are enough, keep it fresh like the 4 Dr Charger you have now (IMHO the best looking 4 door sport sedan ever). How about the Challenger name for the 2 door? I thins you would be "Forgiven" for the 4 door Charger by the MOPAR faithful if you bring out a Mustang fighter Hemi Challenger R/T. If you are building a coupe version of the LX how about a 300 Convertable for the Chrysler line to replace the Sebring?

Now I just need to win the Lottery.
Current wish list

Charger SRT 8 (For the hell of it)
Magnum SRT 8 (For groceries, it is a wagon after all)
300 SRT 8 (For Dinner dates, etc....)
Grand Cherokee SRT 8 (For weekend ski trips in Tahoe)
Viper SRT 10 (No reason needed)
Viper SRT 10 Coupe (For open track days)
ACR SRT 4 (for open track days and embarassing everyone with a NEON)
RAM Quad Cab SRT 10 (to tow the SRT 4 to the track)
Power Wagon (For around the farm chores)
Mega Cab (For the extended towing trips to Moab / Rubicon)
Wrangler Rubicon (See Mega cab above)
GT Cruiser Convertible (for the winter house in the Keys)
Chxxxxr Coupe SRT 8 (Gotta have a coupe!)
Commander (To haul people)

Okay back to reality, So Far Ive got a 99 Ram Quad cab Cummins (to be replaced by the Mega Cab), a 5.9 Grand Cherokee (to be replaced by the SRT 8 grand),a Rubicon, and I will order the ACR April 1st, and the Charger when I can, so I am on my way.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yeah they could easily make the charger a 2 door. It would just a long coupe with a useable back seat. The orginal charger was quite long as well (not sure how the LX platform of 120 inches compares) but it could be done and not look bad at all.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I think reviving the Cuda, under Dodge, would be a great idea. I'd prefer a Cuda over a Challenger, for the namesake, and the styling of the '71 Cuda was my second favorite muscle car, next to the '70 Charger.

And I'll say it again: SHAKER!!!!!!

·
Registered
474 Posts
Build it, and people will buy it. It would be nice to see Dodge put out a Mustang/Camaro fighter. But DCX....listen up....seriously I mean LISTEN UP!!!!! If you build this thing, it MUST have a manual transmission. I can understand the autostick in the 300C/Magnum R/T & Charger R/T. However I do not understand it in the SRT versions of those vehicles. And if you bring out a Mustang/Camaro fighter, it must be equipped with a manual transmission. People have been begging you guys for this. Do it and watch it sell like hotcakes. By the way, I'm kind of partial to the name Cuda also. My dad owned a '71 Cuda back in the day, and I would love to see that name running around on a HEMI equipped car again!

·
Registered
26 Posts
A coupe would be nice but I prefer the four door, that is unless the coupe is cheaper. I think this car can really be a Mustang/Camaro beater even without the Manuel Tranny. That still doesn’t mean they shouldn’t build one though. They should bring back the Cuda, but it should be called a Chrysler, not a Dodge. The Cuda was Plymouth’s Challenger, so it wouldn’t be right to have a Dodge Cuda and Dodge Challenger running at the same time. They need to be separated. Hell lets just bring Plymouth back and call it a day.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
If this coupe looks anything like the photochop of the Charger coupe that someone posted on this forum, I am selling my SRT-4 and getting one.

This car could be the car that I was waiting for for the last 6 years, since I saw the '99 concept Charger. I realize that that old '99 concept car is outdated now, and I would look forward to a car that looks as good as the current Charger in a coupe.

My first two cars were a '74 Dodge Dart and a '71 Dodge Charger, and I dearly miss that old Charger.

There is nothing on earth that will stop me from owning a new 200x Dodge RWD Hemi coupe, unless they style it after the Caravan or something =].

·
Registered
474 Posts
One more thing DCX, if you truly want this thing to compete with the new Mustang, you have to keep the price inline with it. That means being able to get the HEMI engine in a model that is decently equipped for the $25k to $26k range to start. That, in my opinion, is one of the big reasons why the Mustang's sales have stayed so strong, they are reasonably priced for the performance you get. Especially the new one.

·
Registered
74 Posts
i would love to see dodge come out with a 2 door srt-8 charger, and definately the challenger, could you imagine what the challenger would look like if they brought them back?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was thinking about putting the new hood- but i cant find any similar angled pics of that hood to put on my chop.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I saw & got in the charger a few weeks ago, its pretty nice, roomy in back, and thats the base R/T with the smaller engine, the 6.1 was siting in the SRT8 300C, and don't get those cars wrong, they are REAL fun to drive... Went around a lil "test-drive" course with it like 5x.. the accelleration was nice for the v6, they didn't have SRT8 testers though, probably because of the insurance risk of ppl pushing those cars.. The test drives made me want one. even the Magnum handled great, almost as well as the 300C, but with a lil bit more weight. We tested it with 4 adults in the car, and it still handled pretty well with gerry driving it. If the charger is anything like the 300C as far as handling, i like it.

--Susan

1 - 20 of 28 Posts